Last Updated: July 22, 2021
Student Conduct Policy Addendum
Effective June 24, guests are allowed in all residence halls with face coverings and physical distancing optional for those who are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals or those who have not yet completed their vaccination process are still required to wear face coverings and observe physical distance when visiting residence halls.
In these uncertain times, the possibility exists that a student will contract COVID-19 and have to leave their residence hall room for an isolation location. We encourage students to have a pre-packed isolation bag ready to go for 10-14 days for use while in isolation. Isolation is mandatory for a minimum of 10 days and quarantine (if you need to relocate) is for a minimum of 14 days.
Some suggested items for an isolation bag include:
- Extra cell phone charger
- Laptop and charger
- A thermometer
- Clothes to wear and change into during your isolation stay including sweatpants, pajamas, t-shirts, underwear, socks and slippers
- Medicine (cough drops, Tylenol, Mucinex, etc.)
- Body lotion, feminine hygiene, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, a hair brush and hair ties
- Prescription medication
- Multiple face coverings
- Books and other entertainment
It will be important that all members of the community follow campus guidelines to protect ourselves and one another. Residential students are required to comply with health and safety laws, orders, ordinances, regulations and safety guidance adopted by the university.
- Residential students, students who wish to access campus, faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated (two weeks after your final dose) will no longer be required to test for COVID-19 on a weekly basis. Unvaccinated individuals or those who have not yet completed their vaccination process will still be required to test each week. Students must upload vaccination documentation to the Bentley Health Portal to be exempt from screening.
- Face coverings are optional in all areas of campus for all those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy includes students, faculty, staff and visitors to campus. Some may choose to continue to wear face coverings and practice physical distancing, and their choices should be respected and honored at all times. We suggest that you continue to carry a face covering with you while on campus so that you are prepared to wear one if the situation arises.
- Unvaccinated individuals and those who have not yet been fully vaccinated are still required to wear a face covering inside when not in their private office or room and outdoors when unable to maintain six feet of physical distance. Face coverings are still required in the Health Center in compliance with state guidance that requires additional precautions in health care settings.