Last Updated: Oct. 4, 2021
Bentley guests are allowed in all residence halls with face coverings and physical distancing optional but recommended for those who are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals or those who have not yet completed their vaccination process are still required to wear face coverings and observe physical distance when visiting residence halls.
Outside guests are not permitted in residence halls at this time.
All spectators will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test administered within the past 72 hours. As all students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated—and those with approved medical or religious exemptions are required to test each week—simply showing your Bentley ID will provide sufficient proof for entry.
All student organization programs are required to be advertised through Campus Groups for the fall 2021 semester. Student organizations are expected to maintain attendance lists for all sponsored events, and ID swipe access will be available for event organizers to help track attendance. The Cooperative Program Board (CPB) will resume operation as a one-stop, campus-wide resource for student organizations in their event planning. Advising support from Student Programs & Engagement will also continue as traditionally structured for student organizations.
Student organization events anticipating over 100 attendees and/or will have attendees who are not members of the Bentley community, will be subject to the following additional requirements:
- All non-Bentley attendees will need to pre-register for the event.
- Event organizers will need to arrange ID swipe access for attendees to enter their event. This will allow us real time awareness as well as long term record keeping of who was in attendance at programs in the event that we need to conduct contact tracing. Attendees who are not members of the Bentley community will need to provide their email and phone number in the event they need to be contacted for contact tracing purposes. Student organizers will be expected to keep this attendance list in their records.
- All attendees will need to sign a waiver/attestation in Campus Groups prior to the program confirming their understanding of liability in joining a large campus event and acknowledging their understanding of university policy relative to facial covering mandates and vaccination status.
- Approval for the events will require a meeting with a staff member in Student Programs & Engagement to ensure the host organization understands policy, protocols and has the measures in place to ensure the compliance of their event attendees.
- SP&E will be prepared to staff events of higher capacity to provide additional support to student hosts and risk management oversight. As needed per SP&E staff.
The Bentley Shuttle has resumed service of the B-Line and Harvard Square routes for the fall 2021 semester.
Student Conduct Policy Addendum
The Dana Center Fitness Center and Pool are open to students, faculty and staff. A Bentley ID and face covering are required for entry.
The Bentley Library is open for in-person services and study space availability. Reference and library services have and will continue to be offered in person and remotely to all students, faculty and staff.
Students can contact library staff here.
Students who have already worked under the Federal Work Study (FWS) program or the Bentley Work Program should check with their supervisor. Those jobs may be able to be performed remotely if needed. As always, new students with a Federal Work Study award are given priority in the hiring process in an effort to ensure that they are able to earn any FWS amount included as part of their financial aid package. However, being awarded FWS does not guarantee that you will be able to obtain employment but gives you the opportunity to apply for jobs. While we try to assist students with FWS in finding employment, jobs on campus are limited. A job is not assigned or guaranteed, and we are not always able to place all students. For new students or students who have not worked on campus before, available jobs will be posted on Workday in August.