International graduate tutorials are one-on one-tutorials available 15 hours a week during the fall and spring semester and 10 hours a week during the summer terms.
During tutorials, you can:
- Receive feedback on your papers due for class
- Practice your business English by speaking and listening to high level business oriented materials
- Practice a presentation for one of your classes
- Develop your executive-level business vocabulary
- Practice mock job interviews, and get feedback on résumé and cover letters
- Practice your English pronunciation using targeted pronunciation materials designed for your native language speaking errors. Use several intensive pronunciation materials available.
- If you have a teaching assistantship, you may ask for an observation-feedback session with Professor Mary Wright
Tutorials take place in the Adamian Academic Center, Room 095 on the lower level. To make an appointment, contact Mary Wright at email@example.com or 781.891.2055. You should also contact her to arrange a session if you wish to come in a small group for small group discussions.
International graduates may also seek tutorials with the ESOL Center, on the Library lower level when graduate tutorials are booked.
Academic Excellence Workshops
Additionally, you are welcome to attend weekly Academic Excellence workshops that primarily focus on intensive speaking skills. International graduate students read short cases and negotiate them on teams. You will receive feedback on your speaking and pronunciation skills. We also cover résumé and cover-letter writing, communication skills as well as other advanced level writing and speaking skills in these workshops.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the workshops.