Seating for Guests
Seating is first-come, first-served. The saving of seats prior to Commencement is not permitted. If your family or group would like to sit together at the ceremony, please arrive together. Out of respect for the graduates, please remain seated until the ceremony concludes.
Bentley University is committed to improving accessibility and providing accommodation for those with mobility, visual, or hearing impairments.
- Parking and Getting to the Commencement Tent: If you have a government issued handicap placard, you may park in the handicap parking lot which is Lot 20, the lot next to the Bentley Arena. If you do not have a handicap placard, you may park on Main Campus and there will be shuttles that escort people to South Campus. If you or your guest require more assistance, please ask an attendant and a golf cart may escort the one needing assistance to the Commencement tent.
- Wheelchairs: Bentley University will have wheelchairs available to escort guests if they are in need of assistance. Please note that the wheelchairs are for escorting purposes only, not for someone to sit in for the ceremonies. If you would like to bring your own wheelchair, you may do so, just please mention it in the Special Assistance form so we may accommodate you for seating.
- Reserved Seating: Reserved seating will be provided upon request. To reserve seating, please fill out the following form. Reserved seating is available for the one in need of assistance as well as one guest only. Please know that the views from this section are no better than any other section. It is simply in an area that is convenient for golf carts and wheelchairs. If you plan on bringing a wheelchair for the day of the event, please mark that in the form so that seating accommodations may be made ahead of time.
- Closed Captioning: The ceremonies will be closed-captioned on video monitors throughout the Commencement tent.
- Service Animals: Whether you are a graduating student or a guest, service animals-as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-are allowed at commencement ceremonies. All other animals are prohibited from University commencement ceremonies.
- Restrooms: There will be plenty of options available near the Commencement Tent. There will be porta potties as well as options available in the Dana Center, the building near the Commencement Tent. There will also be restrooms available on main campus.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Commencement Office at 781.891.2400 or email@example.com.