The Pulsifer Career Development Center is pleased to announce we have launched Handshake to employers as of July 1, 2020. Handshake has replaced BentleyLINK as the official career management platform for Bentley University—opening the door for even more job and internship possibilities in a broad range of industries and geographic locations for students.
Access our Handshake portal through which you will apply for employment opportunities, attract employers your profile, schedule career coaching sessions, and find relevant career events.
The On-Campus / Virtual Recruiting program is designed to meet the recruiting needs of employers who wish to interview Bentley students for full-time employment and / or internship opportunities with assistance from our Employer Relations & Recruiting Team. We offer both on-campus or virtual options, mainly utilizing our Handshake system.
To request an interview schedule, please log onto Handshake and post your desired schedule to Bentley University. This helpful Handshake article will walk you through the process of posting a schedule. From there, our team will approve the schedule and assist you accordingly.
If you prefer to interview students in-person and on-campus, please note this in your request. Our team will then provide you with physical interview room(s) for the day of, as well as assist with your scheduling needs.*
If you prefer to interview students virtually, please note any specifics on the interview format you require in your request, so we can build the schedules accordingly. At this time, employers will need to provide students with necessary video links prior to their interview.
*Employer Relations & Recruiting is operating 100% remotely in Spring 2021 and no on-campus interviewing will be offered.
The Off-Campus Recruiting program is designed to meet the recruiting needs of employers who wish to interview Bentley students at their place of business. Once an employer has posted their position into Handshake, they can collect applications via the Handshake system or direct students to apply via their external careers website. Employers will then contact students directly by telephone or email if they are interested in offering an interview at their place of business / virtually. This helpful Handshake article will walk you through the process of posting a position onto Handshake.
By participating in any of our services or events, you agree that your organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment regardless of gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. Bentley University reserves the right to accept or decline any postings submitted through the Handshake portal. Bentley University does not post job opportunities for any organization that requires an initial investment or who require a start-up cost of any amount on the student’s part. In addition, Bentley does not post job opportunities that are 100% commission.
Only Bentley undergraduates and graduate students are eligible to participate in our campus recruiting program. Employers are expected to maintain the confidentiality of student information, regardless of the source (including personal knowledge, written records and reports, social networking websites and computer databases.).
Third parties (employment agencies and search firms) may not list openings on the Handshake portal.
If you are seeking to fill a position for a client company with our current students, send a job description and share the client company name and contact information with us and include your name and email to be shared with students. We follow NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) guidelines on this. Our office will then give this information to the career adviser who works with the student population most relevant to the positions you are seeking to fill. The adviser will share as they deem relevant with students seeking employment and then the student can connect with you. Please send this information to GA_Recruiting_Info@bentley.edu
Refrain from any practice that improperly influences and affects job acceptances (e.g., undue time pressures, encouragement of revocation of another acceptance, etc.).
- Supply accurate information about your organization and employment opportunities.
- Honor all offers of employment to candidates.
- Strive to communicate with candidates and the Recruiting Department within the agreed upon time frame.
- Serving alcohol should not be part of the recruitment process.
- Maintain equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance and follow affirmative action principles in recruiting activities.
- Employment professionals must advise the Recruiting Department of any testing conducted on campus. They must advise students of the type and purpose of any test that is required in the recruitment process and to whom the test results will be disclosed.
- Students are prohibited from accepting any monetary payments from employers with specific instructions to deposit said monies into their personal banking account to then forward a pre-determined amount to the employer. This is considered unethical and will not be tolerated.
Maintain a recruitment process that is fair and equitable to candidates and employing organizations.
- The staff will, without imposing personal values or bias, assist individuals in developing a career plan.
- The Recruiting Department staff will provide students with information on a range of career opportunities and types of employing organizations. They will inform students of the means and resources to gain access to information which may facilitate their decisions about an employing organization.
- The Recruiting Department staff will provide employing organizations with accurate information about Bentley University and its students and about the policies and services of the Recruiting Department.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Once we have been informed by your organization that a student has accepted a full-time offer (not internship) with you, we will then change the student's account to prevent them from continuing to apply for other full-time positions through the Handshake portal and potentially reneging on the original offer.
When classes are canceled, on-campus interviews will not be held. The Recruiting office will contact you to reschedule your on-campus interviews.
When classes are delayed, it is difficult to gain access to campus because of snow removal. The first on-campus interview will begin at or after 11:00 a.m. Any interviews scheduled before 11:00 a.m. will be rescheduled for a later time that day or another day.
For the most up-to-date information, check Bentley's Emergency Update web page, call Bentley’s Storm Emergency Line at 781.891.2020 or check a local news station.