Office 365 Phase-two
The Bentley Office 365 Team is turning its attention to the second and final phase of the Office 365 upgrade. During the second phase of the upgrade, the contents of personal network folder (“M” drive) will move to Microsoft’s Office 365 OneDrive and the contents of shared department folders (“N” drives) will move to Microsoft’s Office 365 SharePoint.
This second phase of the Office 365 upgrade will begin in early-June and impact only those faculty, staff, and students who currently store files on their M drive and N drives.
Your M Drive (personal files)
During the month of June, the Bentley Office 365 Team will copy files stored on your M drive and move these copies to your OneDrive. We will notify you via email seven days in advance of moving your files. We will follow-up with a reminder one day prior to moving your files and then confirm that the move is complete.
Benefits of OneDrive include:
- One TB of Office 365 OneDrive file storage (that’s over one million average size documents) which you can access anytime, anywhere, from any device
- When off-campus, VPN is no longer required to access files that you store in your OneDrive
- You have the ability to share the files that you store in your OneDrive with people both inside or outside of Bentley
- You have the use of collaboration tools for real-time co-editing of Office documents
What you need to know:
- If you do not store files in your M drive, you will not be impacted by this second phase of the Office 365 upgrade
- If you do have files in your M drive, one week prior to your upgrade you will receive an email notice announcing the specific date of your move
- M drives will be moved in batches and the moves will run each week over the long-summer weekends
- Your files will be accessible in your OneDrive first thing Monday morning
- Training is essential to a smooth transition and we strongly encourage you to attend a OneDrive session prior to the date that your files will be moved
Training and Introductory Overview Sessions:
Better File Management Using OneDrive for Office 365 - Unlike the Office 365 Outlook mail and calendar upgrade, the move of your M drive files will impact the way you work. While the impact will be minor, you will benefit greatly from attending a OneDrive training session. You can find the training schedule and sign-up for a class here.
Introduction to Outlook On-line Mail and Calendar - You can find the training schedule and sign-up for a class here.
Skype for Collaboration - You can find the training schedule and sign-up for a class here.
Your N Drive (shared departmental files)
Beginning in July, we will be moving files stored in N drives. Expect a more detailed communication about N drives moved come June.
For on-line documentation, access to how-to videos, and answers to FAQs, please visit www.bentley.edu/office365.
If you have questions or concerns about Office 365 or OneDrive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.