Overview of Workplace Harassment Prevention Training
All Bentley employees, both faculty and staff, are required to complete harassment prevention training by completing an online course called, “Harassment Prevention: Fundamentals,” which has been developed by United Educators, a higher education risk management group that Bentley has used for other compliance activities. It will take about 30-45 minutes to complete the course, and you can complete it in multiple sessions.
An integral part of Bentley’s culture is respect for each other and for the special community that we have here. This theme is reflected in the Values identified in our Mission Statement and in the Bentley Beliefs. Because we are a diverse community with people from many backgrounds, it is important that we all share a common understanding of the expectations and laws regarding harassment. In addition, various state and federal laws expect employers to proactively maintain robust anti-harassment programs that include training. In addition to the training course, Bentley’s anti-harassment program also includes the following components:
- A policy that specifically outlines the University’s position against harassment. See Policy here.
- A complaint procedure that encourages employees to come forward with harassment complaints and an investigative strategy that protects the privacy interests of both the alleged victim and the accused offender. See Complaint Procedure here.
- Periodic management training and employee awareness programs that continue to communicate Bentley’s commitment to a harassment-free workplace.
We all have a responsibility to help keep Bentley free from harassment. Our goal is to reach and maintain 100% completion of this course for all employees. New employees are expected to complete the course within 60 days of hire.
To begin this course, please log in through the link below; for best results, you should do so through either Firefox or Google Chrome. This course cannot be taken with a pad or mobile device. For screenshots of the Log-in process, click here: Screenshots.
- First-time users should select the option to Register Now on the right side of the screen.
- Create a username and provide information for a user profile.
- Be sure to enter a valid email address and correct role at your institution.
- Select the department and position that is most applicable to you
- Enter this institution registration code: 0518-SC37-XY12.
- After clicking Register, you should receive an email with a temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email to sign on.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password.
- Once into the system, launch Workplace Harassment Prevention program.
- Select Harassment Prevention: Fundamentals module for Faculty or Staff.
Once you successfully pass the assessment and complete the course, you will see a screen that says, “Thank you for completing this course.”