You are here
College Factual Names Bentley #1 School for Business, Management and Marketing
Bentley University is the #1 school in the U.S. for the study of Business, Management and Marketing, according to a new report by College Factual. The accolades are the latest for Bentley, whose profile as one of the nation’s top business schools has been growing. The Princeton Review recently ranked Bentley #2 in the nation for Career Services and PayScale ranked Bentley #2 for the earnings of its graduates.
College Factual, a website that ranks colleges for USA Today, awarded Bentley the top position based on the quality of the school, the salary of alumni and other factors. College Factual also gave Bentley high honors for several other majors:
- #1 in Accounting
- #1 in Business and Managerial Economics
- #3 in Finance and Financial Management
- #4 in Business Administration and Management
- #5 in Liberal Arts/Sciences and Humanities
Combining Business with Arts and Sciences
A Bentley education combines an advanced business curriculum with arts and sciences courses, providing students with the combination of “hard skill” knowledge of business practices and “soft skills” such as collaboration and public speaking that are increasingly in demand in today’s innovation economy. Most students at Bentley major in business, while also taking liberal arts courses. Bentley also offers several majors in arts and sciences. Nearly 800 of Bentley's 4,000 undergraduates double-major in business and the university’s innovative Liberal Studies major.
How the Ranking was Conducted
The College Factual ranking is based on data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics and PayScale, a company that analyzes salary and benefits. Five factors are considered in determining “Best Colleges by Major/Field of Study”:
- Graduate earnings. College Factual looks at both the early career earnings and mid-career earnings of alumni.
- Major focus. This measures how many students at the university choose that major.
- Related majors. Is the major at the school well-established with similar majors surrounding it to make the overall program stronger?
- Accreditation. College Factual believes that third party accreditation for a major reflects positively for the dedication of a university to it.
- Overall school quality. This is based on a school’s ranking in College Factual’s Best Colleges list.
The full rankings and methodology can be found on College Factual’s website.
Dedicated to Preparing a New Kind of Business Leader
Bentley University is one of the nation’s leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader with the technical skills, global perspective and ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Bentley’s diverse arts and sciences program combined with an advanced business curriculum prepares graduates to make an impact in their fields. The university enrolls approximately 4,000 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. The Princeton Review ranked Bentley #1 in the United States in both career services and internships and Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked Bentley a top 10 undergraduate business school.
President Larson, along with guest experts, joined Bloomberg’s Carol Massar and Cory Johnson, to talk about how college and universities are preparing graduates to navigate diverse environments.