Each year we welcome transfer students to Bentley University. We realize the decision to transfer is a significant one, and will work closely with you to support these efforts. We invite you to contact us at +1 781.891.2244 or email@example.com with any questions you may have about Bentley and our application process.
Rolling (after April 1)
Rolling (after November 1)
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $75 fee. Complete the Common Application and complete the writing supplement (you'll need to create an account to get started). We recommend that you submit both documents at the same time; you also can mail them to us.
- Official transcripts. Submit official transcript from all universities you have attended, as well as a high school transcript with date of graduation or GED score report.
- Midterm Report. This form is available on the Common Application website and should be submitted once you have taken mid-year exams or completed midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. It is not required if you are not currently enrolled in college courses.
- Transfer College Report. This form is available on the Common Application website and should be sent to our office by mail or fax at +1.781.891.3414.
- Two letters of recommendation. We prefer that you submit recommendations from college professors, however, you may submit a reference from an employer or high school teacher in lieu of one professor recommendation.
- Standardized test scores. We require that you take the SAT or ACT if you have fewer than 30 semester hours of collegiate academic credit. If English is not your primary language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The requirement may be waived and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
International Transfer Applicants
For application requirements for international transfer applicants, please go to the international transfer applicants webpage.
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you a MyBentley ID number, which you can use to check the status of your application. Please note that the ID number begins with @.
All courses you have taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if they are comparable to course work at Bentley. Learn more about our transfer credit policies.
Transfer Information Sessions for Prospective Transfer Students
Information sessions are presented by a member of the admission committee and are a great way for you to learn more about Bentley. During an information session, you’ll learn about everything from our dynamic learning environment to career preparation to the admission process. Information sessions typically last 30 to 40 minutes and are immediately followed by a 90-minute tour of campus.
Our Summer 2018 Information Sessions are as follows:
To register, click on the date most convenient for you.
If you would like to be notified of future transfer events, please complete the information form.