We are delighted that you are considering transferring to Bentley University! We recognize the decision to transfer is a significant one, and will work closely with you to make the application process as stress-free as possible. A list of required credentials is below. Your first step is to complete the Transfer Common Application. It's different than the Common Application you may have completed as a first-year student. Click here for a tutorial with tips on how to complete the Transfer Common Application. We invite you to contact us at +1 781.891.2244 or email@example.com with any questions you may have about Bentley and our application process.
Rolling (after April 1)
Rolling (after November 1)
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $75 fee. Complete the Transfer Common Application.
Please note that the Transfer Common Application requires the entering of coursework done at your previous or current colleges as one of many conditions for submitting your application. Since Bentley requires an official transcript, we consider it unnecessary to enter all of your courses into the Common Application. You can by-pass this requirement by entering just one course for each college and then reviewing and finalizing your transcript. If you are applying to other schools, you should check to see if they offer a similar option. If you have any difficulties completing the Common Application, please use the live chat feature within the application or contact us by phone or email.
Please be aware that the Common Application website only supports Internet Explorer 10, FireFox and Chrome.
- Official transcripts. Submit official transcript from all universities you have attended, as well as a high school transcript with date of graduation or GED score report.
- Midterm Report. This form is available here and should be submitted once you have taken mid-year exams or completed midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. You can submit this form by email. It is not required if you are not currently enrolled in college courses.
- Transfer College Report. This form is available here and should be sent to our office by email, U.S. mail or fax at +1.781.891.3414.
- Two letters of recommendation. We prefer that you submit recommendations from college professors, however, you may submit a reference from an employer or high school teacher in lieu of one professor recommendation.
- Standardized test scores. We require that you submit scores from the SAT or ACT exam if you have fewer than 30 semester hours of collegiate academic credit. If English is not your primary language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The requirement may be waived and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
International Transfer Applicants
For application requirements for international transfer applicants, please go to the international transfer applicants webpage.
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you an ID number for BentleyConnect, our online portal, which you can use to check the status of your application.
All courses you have taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if they are comparable to course work at Bentley. Learn more about our transfer credit policies.
Visit Opportunities for Prospective Transfer Students:
Personalized Transfer Advising
Meet one-on-one with a transfer admission counselor to discuss prior and current coursework and how it will apply to the degree requirements at Bentley. Please bring all of your unofficial college transcripts (including in-progress courses). Sign up for a 30 minute appointment. Choose to meet in person, by phone or virtually. If you would like to connect by phone or virtually, please contact our office by email or at +1.781.891.2244 after you submit your registration form.
Thursday, March 14th-9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday, March 22nd-12:30 to 4:00 p.m.
If you would like to be notified of future transfer events, please complete the information form.