You are here
Prepare to Lead
At Bentley University, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to become a leader who makes an impact — both on campus and in the world. Empowering young women to succeed in the classroom and community is an integral part of our culture. From workshops designed for future women leaders, to mentor programs to partnerships with leading companies, you’ll find a commitment to enriching the lives and careers of women that is unmatched. Your Bentley experience will prepare you to lead, no matter what your field or passion.
The Center for Women and Business (CWB) is dedicated to advancing women in business, from the classroom to the boardroom. Our student programs include:
- Student Fellowship, offers real-world leadership preparation and understanding of contemporary women's and families' workplace issues.
- Men of Alliance brings together male students interested in gender equity issues and demonstrating active support for their female peers.
- Women's Leadership Community, offers first-year women early exposure to leadership and workplace diversity concerns.
A four-year program that empowers young women with the essential skills, real-world experiences, and confidence needed to advance into leadership roles. Each year, leaders are selected through the First-Year regular decision process. The program includes:
- Leadership and professional skills workshops
- Mentorship and networking opportunities
- Invitations to events lead by leadership experts
- Exposure to organizations where women thrive
SAGE (Students Advocating Gender Equality) is a student-run club that facilitates discussion and support of gender, diversity and other women’s issues, both on and off campus, including:
- An extensive library of educational and recreational resources on women and gender issues
- Space for meeting and campus/community organizing
- Community service opportunities
- Awareness and charity events.
"Wonder Women" questions whether strong heroic female characters in television and cinema help real-life women, or simply reinforce old fantasies and stereotypes.
First-year female students can apply to live on the Women’s Leadership Floor (WLF) and participate in leadership opportunities.
“The combination of business with arts and sciences has had a huge impact on my career path, because it has made me so much more marketable than having just one of those focuses on its own.”
>> See how Kate '12 makes every second count at Dunkin' Brands
"Bentley played a huge role in my professional and personal development and helped shape me into the person I am today."
>> See how Shanell '10 shapes the world at Unicef