You are here
About Bentley University
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, the broad global perspective and the high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. To achieve our goal, we infuse our advanced business curriculum with the richness of a liberal arts education. The results are graduates who are making an impact in their chosen fields and turning their passions into success stories. Located on a classic New England campus just minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers.
Today, the challenges of a rapidly changing world have made business skills and experiences hot commodities. More students are considering business as the foundation of their higher education experience, and considering Bentley in the process. With our unique blend of business, technology and the liberal arts, Bentley, a private, not-for-profit institution, provides students with relevant, practical and transferable skills.
At Bentley, we blend the breadth and technological strength of a large university with the values and student focus of a small college. Students interested in business professions choose from a wide range of programs that address all functional areas including accountancy, finance, marketing, management and liberal arts — all anchored in technology.
Your education is about more than learning. It’s about enjoying a community, contributing your own skills and talents, and making lifelong friendships and connections. With a classic New England campus just minutes away from Harvard Square and Boston, you’ll enjoy a beautiful setting and easy access to other universities and Boston’s rich array of culture, activities and entertainment.
- Undergraduate students: 4,247
- Average undergraduate class size: 26
- Approximately 81% of full-time undergraduates live on campus
- International students represent 13% of the undergraduate student population
Graduate and PhD students
- Graduate Students: 1,411
- Average graduate class size: 21
- PhD students: 43
- International students represent 24% of the graduate students including PhD candidates
You are building your career at a time of rapid change, accelerated innovation, intense globalization, and profound demographic shifts. Success depends on how quickly you can identify and evaluate trends, adapt to new cultures, and craft creative approaches to stakeholders, products, services and social contexts. Bentley University shapes its academic curriculum around preparing you for the increasingly changing work force.
- More than 276 full- and 184 part-time faculty members, who teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels
- 82% of faculty hold doctoral degrees
- Professors are accessible, committed to excellent teaching and advising as well as to pursuing research and scholarship in their field
- Many have significant experience in the business world
- Faculty-student ratio is 1 to 14
- As a business university, Bentley distinctively "fuses" business and the arts & sciences and provides international leadership in business education and research
- Bentley is a leader in promoting ethical and socially responsible enterprise and the critical role of information and communication technology in achieving sustainable high performance
- Bachelor of science degrees in 11 business fields; bachelor of arts degrees in five arts and sciences disciplines
- The graduate school emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice and offers PhD programs in Business and Accountancy, an MBA with 7 areas of concentration, an integrated MS+MBA, seven Master of Science degrees, and custom executive education programs
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition: $42,550
- Room and Board: $14,520*
- Technology Fee: $1,200
- Books and Supplies: $1,200 (estimate)
- Personal Expenses: $1,200 (estimate)
- Activity Fee: $335
Total: $61,005 for resident students; $50,720 for commuting students
*Room and board costs may vary based on actual accommodations and board plan selected.
- Professional MBA, and all MS programs: $4,065 per three-credit course
- Bentley MBA: fixed at $70,000
- Emerging Leaders MBA: $74,820*
*Some students may waive out of some or all of the foundation work, which would reduce tuition costs