To educate creative, ethical, and socially responsible organizational leaders by creating and disseminating impactful knowledge within and across business and the arts and sciences.
By its centennial celebration in 2017:
- Bentley University is known nationally and internationally as a business-focused center of learning that operates in an ethical and socially engaged environment
- It distinctively integrates business and arts and sciences to produce graduates respected for their professional and societal contributions throughout their lives
- Its identity is based upon promoting principled and transformative enterprise through education and impactful research, building on its historical strengths in accountancy, business ethics and information technology
- Thanks to its achievements, Bentley is highly sustainable in resources and scale, and an attractive partner for global centers of teaching and research excellence.
The Bentley Beliefs, which govern our conduct in classrooms, residence halls, and places of work are informed by these values:
- Diversity Appreciating diversity means that we work in an environment that embraces diversity of opinion and that is free from hostility and intolerance.
- Integrity Valuing integrity requires that we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. We hold that operating with integrity is essential for a successful professional and private life.
- Responsibility Being responsible demands that we listen, respond thoughtfully, and strive to create sustainable outcomes at all times.
- Excellence Our commitment to excellence ensures that we have a passion for continuous improvement, for delivering high-quality results, and for going beyond what is expected.
- Courage Having courage means that we continually seek new and innovative solutions and we are tolerant of the honest mistakes that are a natural consequence of these endeavors.
- Teamwork Our commitment to teamwork acknowledges the importance of collaboration. We are prepared to subordinate our personal interests to the broader interests of our community.