You are here
Computer Notebook Support Information for Study Abroad Students
Before leaving campus for abroad, please be sure the following items have been completed
- You are able to login to MY.BENTLEY.edu successfully using your computer
- You are able to check your Bentley e-mail successfully using your computer
- You must complete the Study Abroad License Activation Utility and create a local user account on your computer:
- To run the License Activation Utility click on this link via a wired (not wireless) connection from on campus (this utility cannot be run off-campus) - if you do not run this utility your computer will cease to function.
- After the activation is complete click on "create user" button to create a local account on your computer.
If you have issues with your computer notebook while abroad
Realize that Bentley is available to assist you with your computer related issues; however, due to shipping costs, duties and taxes for which you are responsible (sending and returning), turnaround time, and customs clearance, sending your computer to Bentley for repair is not advisable.
For Hardware Issues
If you experience hardware-related issues with your notebook while abroad, please email the helpdesk at email@example.com with a detailed description of your issues as well as your seriel number (located on the bottom of your notebook) or call 781.891.3122.
For Virus, Software, and other assistance
If there appears to be viruses or malware on your notebook, these can usually be eradicated with Sophos, which is already installed on your notebook. Make sure you run a FULL scan. Before running any anti-virus or anti-malware applications, we recommend that you update the definition files, so that you have the most up to date protection.
If you need assistance with virus scans, or any other software issues with your notebook, while you are abroad, please contact the helpdesk via phone at 781.891.3122 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, support staff will be able to assist you in real-time via remote access.
For the Computing Services Help Desk hours of operation and other information, please visit the website: http://www.bentley.edu/offices/client-services/computing-services-desk#hours