You are here

Accounts Payable FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is the mileage reimbursement rate?

Starting January 1, 2017 the rate is $0.535 per mile. Mileage is only on personal vehicles used for business miles, not rentals.

When do I need to have my paperwork submitted to make the check run?

Checks are run once a week, on Thursdays.  In order to make that check run, your paperwork should be submitted to the Accounts Payable Office by Tuesday of that week.  

Do I need to submit a check request form with an invoice?

If you have the original invoice, you do not need to submit a check request form with it; however, be sure to have the necessary signature/s and accounting information put on the invoice.  If you do not have the original invoice, or are requesting that a check be cut for any other reason, you will need to submit a completed check request form.

If I have an enclosure that needs to be sent with the check, what should I do?

Order forms, applications, and other related forms or documents that need to be submitted along with the check should be sent to the Accounts Payable Office along with the check request form.  

What if I would like to pick up the check instead of having it sent?

You may elect to have a check picked up rather than have it mailed.  If you choose to do this, please indicate so on the check request form or on the original invoice.  Checks that are held for pick up are available in the Accounts Payable office RAU 016 after 1:00 p.m. on Thursdays. 

What backup do I need for a check request?

If the request is for reimbursement, you should have receipts supporting the check request. If you use a cancelled check as a receipt you must copy both the front and back of the check, after it is cashed, and send us that with the check request.

Requests for vendors that accept a credit card will be returned per Bentley Purchasing Card policy. You will need to call the vendor and give them your credit card number. You should ask the vendor at the time of your order whether they take credit cards. Some do not advertise this fact and it will save time if you ask at the time of your order. 

When will I need a Purchase order?

Requests over $5000 usually need a purchase order. Exceptions include:

Individuals or Groups (performing as Entertainers) 
Dues or Memberships
Electronic Subscriptions
Sporting Officials
Lawyer Fees (not associated with a Project)
Please call Purchasing x3456 if you are unsure whether you need a Purchase Order.

All other questions should be directed to the Accounts Payable Office at x2174, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (or 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday during summer).

How long do I have to file a travel expense report?

Generally a Travel Expense Report should be filed 30 to 45 days after return from a trip; however, the travel card statement has not arrived that includes charges from this trip, wait until it does and file the report at that time.

Use this link to download the Travel Expense Report. The second page of this report has instructions. Any questions regarding this form should be directed to the Accounts Payable Office at x2174.