Each year we welcome almost 200 transfer students to Bentley University. We realize the decision to transfer is a significant one, and will work closely with you to support these efforts. We invite you to contact us at +1.781.891.2244 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about Bentley and our application process.
Transfer Information Sessions
If you are considering transferring to Bentley in the future, then you should attend one of our special information sessions for prospective transfer students. You will get an inside look into our transfer application process, transfer credit policies, the experiences of former transfer students and more.
Thursday, March 5 @ 1:30 pm
Thursday, March 19 @ 1:30 pm
All events will be held in LaCava 305AB, but we will have guests check in at the Visitor Center and then guide them upstairs. Register Now!
Rolling (after April 15)
|Spring 2016||November 1||Rolling (after November 1)||Rolling|
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $50 fee. Complete the Common Application and complete the writing supplement (you'll need to create an account to get started). We recommend that you submit both documents at the same time; you also can mail them to us.
- Official transcripts. Submit official transcript from all universities you have attended, as well as a high school transcript with date of graduation.
- Midterm Report. This form is available on the Common Application website and should be submitted once you have taken mid-year exams or completed midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. It is not required if you are not currently enrolled in college courses.
- Transfer College Report. This form is available on the Common Application website and should be sent to our office by mail or fax at +1.781.891.3414.
- Two letters of recommendation. We prefer that you submit recommendations from professors; you may submit a reference from an employer or high school teacher in lieu of one professor recommendation.
- Standardized test scores. We require that you take the SAT or ACT with Writing test if you have fewer than 30 semester hours of collegiate academic credit. If English is not your primary language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The requirement may be waived if you have completed English Composition I and II at the university level and have earned a B- or higher in each course. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you a MyBentley ID number, which you can use to check the status of your application.
All courses you have taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if they are comparable to course work at Bentley. Learn more about our transfer credit policies.