If you are admitted to Bentley, we will email you the initial transfer credit evaluation shortly after you receive your transfer admission decision. This document will list each course accepted by Bentley, identify its equivalency and the number of credit hours earned. When assessing courses for transfer credit, our goal is to ensure that the course content and rigor is comparable to the class offered at Bentley. You must complete 121 academic credits and other graduation requirements to earn a Bentley degree.
First-Year applicants, please refer to our Advanced Standing Credit policies.
We will award credit for:
- Courses where you have earned a "C" grade or higher
- Courses with three semester credit hours or more
- Courses that are academic in nature
- Courses completed at a regionally accredited institution or non-U.S. institution recognized by the Ministry of Education
- Only two courses may transfer into the academic major area of study
- Only one course may transfer into the academic minor
- If you completed AP, IB, college, etc. credit prior to your college enrollment, please see our advanced standing credit policy.
- A maximum of 60 transfer credits may be awarded from all sources of credit combined.
- Courses that are remedial or offered at the pre-collegiate level or the CLEP (Credit by Exam or Prior Learning) exams will not be accepted for credit.
- We will not award credit for internships or life experience.
To apply for transfer credit, you must submit all credentials no later than the following dates:
- Enrolling in August: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Enrolling in January: Thursday, March 15, 2018
All information should be sent directly from the issuing institution to our office. If transcripts are not in English, supporting translations are needed.
We reserve the right to adjust our transfer credit policies at any time.
Note: While reviewing your transfer credit, please keep in mind that Bentley has both a General Education Core as well as a General Business Core required for all business majors.