We’re delighted that you are considering transferring to Bentley University! We recognize the decision to transfer is a significant one, and we will work closely with you to make the application process as stress-free as possible. Please start the process by completing either of the applications below.
|Term of Entry||Application Deadline||Decision Notification||Enrollment Deposit|
|Fall 2020||April 1||Rolling (after April 1)||Rolling|
|Spring 2020||November 1||Rolling (after November 1)||Rolling|
What you'll need to apply
Required of all students:
- Application form with $75 fee. Bentley accepts transfer applications from either the Common App or our Bentley Transfer Application. Students should only apply using one application and we do not have any preference on application type. Please note: the Common Application website is only supported by Internet Explorer 10, FireFox and Chrome. You do not need to enter transcript coursework on the Common Application since official transcripts are required as part of the application process.
- Official transcripts. Submit an official transcript from all universities you have attended, as well as a high school transcript with the date of your graduation or GED score report.
- A Midterm Report should be submitted once you have taken mid-year exams or completed midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. You can submit this form by email. It is not required if you are not currently enrolled in college courses.
- The Transfer College Report should be sent to our office by email, U.S. mail or fax at +1(781)-891-3414. This form is typically filled out by the Registrar's Office and/or the Dean of Students Office indicating a student's academic and disciplinary standing. Please note: we require this form from each post-secondary institution attended.
- A letter of recommendation from a college professor. You may also submit additional recommendations from a high school teacher or employer, but they are not required.
- Standardized test scores. Transfer Applicants who will have completed 24 or more transfer credits by the time of enrollment will have their SAT or ACT scores waived from the admission process. Applicants who have completed fewer than 24 credits, including in-progress coursework, must submit official SAT or ACT scores by the application deadline. If you have taken either test more than once, we will superscore results. We do not accept SAT scores from exams taken prior to March 2016. Official test scores may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Submitted directly from the testing agency (SAT code: 3096; ACT code: 1783)
- Included on the secondary school transcript
- Sent directly by the student's school/college counselor or CBO advisor to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +1(781)-891-3414.
- English proficiency test. If English is not your first language, you will also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. The preferred overall score, and required minimum sub scores are noted below:
|Exam Type||Preferred Overall Score||Sub Score Minimum Requirement|
We do not accept self-reported TOEFL or IELTS scores, nor do we super score TOEFL or IELTS results.
Transfer applicants may request a TOEFL/IELTS waiver and we will consider that request on a case-by-case basis.
The admission committee looks closely at an applicant's qualitative and quantitative coursework when determining waiver eligibility and requires that students have submitted their application, official high school transcript, and official college transcript before requesting a waiver. If you would like to request a waiver please contact us.
Waiver Policy: The TOEFL/IELTS exam can be waived if you have been attending school in the U.S. (this excludes U.S. territories) for six or more years and have not been enrolled in an English as a Second Language program or a course for a minimum of six years.
Send your standardized test score results to Bentley directly from the testing agency. Use the code 3096 on your application materials if submitting a TOEFL score.
International Transfer Applicants:
In addition to submitting the above, international transfer applicants who are admitted and elect to enroll will be required to submit the following:
- Sponsor Support Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Sponsor Support form for an I-20 to be issued. If you prefer, you may complete the top portion of this form (Applicant Statement) and attach a signed letter from a parent or sponsor indicating their willingness to pay educational expenses not less than $74,009 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency.)
- Certificate of Financial Resources Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Certificate of Financial Resources form in order for an I-20 to be issued. If you do not complete this form, you must submit one of the following:
A bank letter from your parent or sponsor's bank, signed by a bank official, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $74,009 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency).
A bank statement in your parent or sponsor's name, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $74,009 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency). Because some countries limit the amount of money that may be sent to the United States, it is important to inquire about your country's regulations concerning the transfer of such funds. Our Center for International Students and Scholars can help you prepare documentation for visa issuance.
- Passport photocopy. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit a copy of your passport page with biographical information. You must provide a copy of the passport you will use to apply for your F-1 visa (multiple passport copies will not be accepted). If you are currently studying in the United States, submit a copy of your I-20 and student visa as well. We recommend scanning this information and emailing it to email@example.com.
Additional information for your application
Once you have submitted your application, we'll send you an ID number for BentleyConnect, our online portal, which you can use to check the status of your application.
We strongly suggest all applicants have completed at least pre-calculus.
All courses you have taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if they are comparable to course work at Bentley. Learn more about our transfer credit policies.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission
Academic Year Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Phone: +1(781)-891-2244; +1(800)-523-2354