The library provides 21 state-of-the-art collaborative study spaces, which can be reserved online by current Bentley students using either the campus wide EMS system or the newly available mobile app, Direct Spaces, in advance. Designed to support the need for collaboration in a business university, 18 rooms feature large-screen LCD displays which automatically switch between room PCs and student laptops with 2 additional rooms featuring SMART boards.
Most rooms can only be reserved by Bentley students for assigned collaborative coursework. An individual student may use an empty, unreserved group study room but may not reserve the room for individual use. Rooms 001 and 002, which can be found on the lower level of the library, are equipped with webcams mounted underneath the LCD screen; these two rooms can be reserved by an individual for the purpose of a zoom meeting or interview.
For instructions on how to download Direct Spaces and make reservations using the app, please click here.
Log into EMS to reserve a room.
Study Room Policies
- Students can make one reservation per day for up to two hours.
- Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- Empty rooms can be reserved on-the-fly using the panel mounted at the entrance of the room.
- Rooms may only be reserved by Bentley students for assigned collaborative coursework. An individual student may use an unreserved group study room but may not reserve a room for individual use.
- Rooms are for coursework, not student org meetings.
- You must "check-in" to your reservation within 15 minutes of the start otherwise your reservation will be canceled. You can check in on the app, on the EMS website, or at the panel outside the room.
- Group study rooms are not soundproof. Keep conversations quiet.
Students who do not adhere to the group study room policies will be subject to having their reservation privileges revoked.