Introducing the new Bentley Library website
June 21, 2022
Last week you received a message about the new Library Search platform, and today we are happy to announce the launch of a new Bentley Library website! This completes a months-long process of building a user-focused portal to our collections, online resources, and services.
The new website positions the new Library Search platform front and center for quick access to books, articles, and streaming media. The website’s redesigned interface and navigation make it easier to find and use our most frequented pages and resources. Some of the new features of the Bentley Library website include:
- a single search box for locating books and eBooks, articles, and journals
- a homepage that presents user-focused content under the categories of Find, Request, and Use
- quick access to library hours, live chat, and your library account
- streamlined navigation to research resources and library services, including special pages for students, faculty/staff, and alumni/visitors
- mobile responsive design that improves accessibility and usability from all devices
The library’s homepage URL and many of our old pages will seamlessly redirect to our new content, but we encourage you to update any bookmarks you’ve made. Users who have bookmarked our old mobile website will need to update/create a new bookmark to https://www.bentley.edu/library. If you discover broken links or missing content, please contact email@example.com.
We’d like to thank our colleagues in Marketing Services and Creative Services for their expert guidance and assistance with the design and functionality of the new site as we transitioned to the University’s bentley.edu platform.
The library web page team will continue to test the usability of the new site through summer and fall to improve the site for all users. If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, send us an email. Have fun exploring the new Bentley Library site!