The Face of Finance Conference
Join Us October 30th, 2013!
The Design and Usability Center is excited to present the 2013 Face of Finance conference. The Face of Finance conference is a one-day forum for the financial services and user-centered design industries. Attend expert presentations and panel discussions that will help you create and champion effective and engaging user experiences for financial web sites and applications.
Submissions Now Open
Want to be a part of the 2013 Face of Finance conference? We’re looking for presentations, panels, and workshops that focus on a variety of topics around designing effective and impactful user experiences for financial web sites and applications. The submission period is open until May 31, 2013.
Why You Should Attend
- Learn from experts who have turned challenges into successful projects and products
- Catch up on the latest trends and developments that affect user-centered design within financial organizations
- Gain knowledge that you can apply immediately within your organization
- Network with peers and experts
- User Experience Professionals
- Game platform developers and related researchers and companies
- Behavioral finance researchers
- Financial information specialists, public and private institutions
- Financial advisers and other financial industry professionals
- Consumer advocates
2012 Conference Overview
On October 24, 2012, the Design and Usability Center hosted The Face of Finance: Designing Usable Financial Systems conference at Bentley University, Waltham, Massachusetts.
The Face of Finance conference investigated and advanced the application of user-centered design methodologies to financial systems and services. As business and governmental institutions implement new Wall Street reform and Consumer Protection legislation, effective delivery of financial information to consumers will be key to achieving legislative goals of promoting a safer, more stable financial system.
The conference included a full day of presentations and panels featuring speakers from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Center for Plain Language, Fidelity Investments, and more.
The keynote speakers were:
- Congressman Barney Frank, Ranking Member of the House Financial Services Committee.
- Ramit Sethi, author of the New York Times best-selling book, "I Will Teach You to be Rich“
To hear what attendees had to say about the 2012 conference follow us on Twitter and use #FaceOfFinance.