You are here


Resources for Faculty

The Cronin Office of International Education considers faculty and staff essential partners in providing students with academically rigorous and culturally enriching study international education experiences. Bentley faculty members can help facilitate these international experiences in the following ways:

  • Submit a proposal for a Faculty-led International Course
  • Write a recommendation for a Bentley student’s study abroad application
  • Suggest an international partner institution
  • Collaborate with one of our international partner institutions

Opportunities for involvement in International Education

The Office of International Education partners with a variety of universities all over the world. We encourage collaboration between our faculty and those abroad, and several opportunities exist for joint research, visiting scholarship assignments, and evaluation visits. Please visit the Faculty Development page for more information.

Approving courses at institutions abroad

When students wish to take courses offered at our partner/affiliate institutions, they must first be approved by a department at Bentley in order to grant credit for the course. We have created a guide to help departments through the process of approving courses from abroad.

Writing student references in the BentleyAbroad application system

As part of the application process for study abroad programs, students must request a reference from a faculty member. We appreciate your support in this process, as the reference is a vital part of our application review. We use these recommendations not only to determine student eligibility, but they are also submitted as part of the application materials sent to our partner universities and affiliate programs.

To complete a reference for a student, please follow these instructions (you will also be directed to the correct website in the notification email you will receive from the student):

  • Login to the BentleyAbroad application system by using your regular Bentley credentials 
  • If you are not automatically brought to the correct screen, click “Recommender Home” in the upper right corner
  • Select the student under "Pending Recommendations"
  • If you prefer to write one comprehensive text instead of answering the individual questions, you may use the last question for your reference letter and answer "see below" in all previous questions.

You should plan to complete each reference in one session.  You are also able to view your previously submitted references. If you have any questions or you experience any difficulty with the reference, please contact us at x3474 or email.

Propose a Faculty-Led International Course

The Cronin Office of International Education seeks globally-minded and culturally engaged full-time faculty members to lead a Faculty-Led International Course or Globel Business Experience (GBE). These intensive 3-credit courses take place overseas during semester breaks, and typically run for 10-14 days. These courses are a fantastic way to further the global education of our undergraduate and graduate students. Faculty can adapt a current syllabus to include an international component, or create a new course. International Service-Learning course proposals are encouraged. The Cronin Office of International Education and the Bentley Service-Learning Center can support faculty to design a service-learning based international course experience.

Please contact Christine Hollenhorst to set up an exploratory meeting or seek assistance with a proposal. To learn more about the proposal process, and to submit your materials, please click here