Database of the Month: Insider Intelligence (formerly eMarketer)
December 14, 2022
As the result of the merger of two research firms—eMarketer and Business Insider Intelligence—the eMarketer database is now known as Insider Intelligence. Although the name has changed, the content and global coverage has not! Researchers will continue to find research reports, forecasts, performance metrics, charts, trends, and analysis. So, what changes will you notice? Insider Intelligence combines the strengths of both brands to provide robust coverage of five core areas:
- Advertising & Marketing - includes ad spending; advertising and marketing performance metrics; brand marketing; and media trends (social, digital, and traditional)
- Ecommerce & Retail - includes consumer shopping, buying, and spending behavior; ecommerce sales and tactics; holiday and seasonal shopping; loyalty marketing; and payments.
- Financial Services - includes consumer banking; insurance; payments; and wealth and asset management
- Health - includes digital health; healthcare providers; and prescription and OTC drugs
- Technology - includes Artificial Intelligence (AI); augmented and virtual reality; cybersecurity; Internet of Things (IoT); mobile technology devices, usage and apps; and smart speakers and voice assistants.
Insider Intelligence retains the same easy-to-navigate interface familiar to eMarketer users. To begin, conduct a keyword search or choose a topic to browse.
- Keyword searching will allow you to refine your search results by presenting filters for geography (region or country), content type (report, forecast, chart, article, audio, video), topic, industry, demographics (e.g. age/generation, gender, income, parents), and date.
- Browsing by topic will present the most recent reports and charts for that topic and suggest related topics and sub-topics to explore.
Connect to the Database
Visit the Databases A-Z page and select Insider Intelligence from the listing.
Database of the Month provides a brief introduction to useful library databases and highlights key features. Please contact the Reference Desk if you would like more information about this database or other library resources. If you would like a librarian to come to your class to demonstrate our resources, please use the Instruction Request Form to schedule a visit.