Semester and Summer Application Process
- Attend an information session. Attendance at one of these sessions the year you apply is mandatory for semester program applicants.
- Attend the Study Abroad Fair, which takes place every fall semester and showcases all of the various education abroad programs.
- Reach out to a Peer Advisor
- Make an appointment to visit our office and speak with a staff advisor
2. Submit an application
- Application is accessed through program page
- Application Components
- Eligibility requirements
- Application deadlines; Please note that there is only one application deadline for both fall and spring semester programs. All students interested in studying abroad in either semester must submit their application by the February deadline.
- Note: Bentley students are not permitted to submit an application directly to any Bentley partner university or affiliate organization. To earn Bentley credit, you must apply for admission through the Office of International Education by the stated deadlines. There are no exceptions.
- Semester preference: Students must be flexible regarding the specific semester during which they wish to study abroad. Applicants will be given the option to mark on their application if their first preference is the fall semester or spring semester. We ask that students explain why the preferred semester would be best. We will do our best to accommodate the semester of preference for each student; however, no semester is guaranteed.
3. Begin Academic Planning
- To stay on track for graduation, it is important that students carefully consider their course plans before, during, and after a semester study abroad program. All semester applicants are REQUIRED to submit a Plan of Study to the Academic Advising Center. Applicants must meet with an Academic Advisor to review the plan and receive academic approval.
- You may meet with an Academic Advisor at any time, but you must complete the required Plan of Study form after your acceptance notification but before the deposit deadline.
- The documents you create during the planning process will be valuable tools for you as you plot out your academic program at Bentley, including your major and any additional program you are pursuing (Honors program, Liberal Studies Major [LSM], minor, or certificate). To learn more, visit the Office of Academic Services website.
4. Acceptance Notification and Deposit
- Students will be notified by email approximately 3 weeks after the application deadline
- Accepted students must submit a non-refundable $500 enrollment deposit to enroll in the program by the deadline (link to deadlines page)