The Center for Women and Business at Bentley University is dedicated to advancing women in business, from the classroom to the boardroom.
We identify and leverage best-in-class policies and practices and provide tools and training to foster inclusive organizations. We design programs to inform and empower students, alumni and business professionals.
Our dynamic programs and content focus on critical issues impacting workplace and gender diversity:
- The Multigenerational Workforce - Issues and Impacts
- Men in Partnership to Advance Women
- Mentorship and Sponsorship
- Employee Networks
- Unlocking Unconscious Bias for Inclusive Leadership
- Wage Parity
- Women’s Workplace Retention and Re-Entry
- Corporate Culture and its Impact on Workplace Diversity
- Advancing Women in the C-Suite and Boardroom
- Workplace Flex and Parental Leave
- Pipeline Issues
- Measuring Success
Programs for Business Professionals
We provide thought leadership and programs to meet the unique needs of early career professionals, front-line managers, and senior executives, including the C-suite and boardroom.
- Corporate Partnership Program brings executives together to explore critical issues and identify actionable solutions on workplace diversity. Participation includes:
- CWB Curated Research - current reporting on issues impacting diversity.
- Executive Working Groups - small, roundtable sessions to discuss issues and identify best-in-class solutions.
- Executive Blueprints for Action - key recommendations to use in the workplace.
- Custom Program Support offers consultation on program design, information and resources.
- Gearing Up focuses on the unique needs and aspirations of early-career women with targeted workshops, keynotes and networking opportunities.
Programs for Students
We prepare students for success and leadership in the workplace through experiential learning and academic theory.
- Women's Leadership Program empowers young women with the essential skills, real-world experiences, and confidence needed to advance into leadership roles.
- Student Fellowship provides men and women real-world leadership preparation and understanding of contemporary women’s and families’ workplace issues.
- Men of Alliance brings together male students interested in gender equity issues and demonstrating active support for female peers in the classroom and the workplace.
- Women’s Leadership Community gives freshmen women early exposure to leadership and workplace diversity concerns.
Programs for Alumni
We help alumni address workplace diversity issues and develop strategies for self-advocacy and success.
Working with Faculty
Bentley faculty work closely with our center through research, speaking engagements, teaching and student mentorship. In partnership with the Bentley Faculty Research Council, we sponsor an annual roundtable series to highlight faculty research on gender and diversity issues.