Diversity & Inclusion Champion Certificate
Spring 2020 Program: May 13-15
Learn to Build and Inspire a Culture of Belonging
To translate demographic and cognitive diversity into a culture of belonging, organizations must encourage, train, and inspire executives to take ownership of the organization’s diversity and inclusion journey. The Diversity & Inclusion Champion Certificate offers an intensive, experiential 3-day program that prepares participants as champions of inclusion who understand the importance of diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) and how to lead organizational change that will foster an inclusive workplace culture.
During the program you will:
- Understand the business and human case for DE&I by exploring the latest data
- Gain insight on potential barriers to an inclusive workplace and actionable strategies to overcome these barriers
- Explore research-based methodologies proven to bridge differences and facilitate team cohesion
- Develop a detailed change initiative specific to your organization to immediately drive impact
This intensive, experiential 3-day program is led by a Master Facilitator from Bentley University’s Gloria Cordes Larson Center for Women and Business (CWB). The CWB provides thought leadership and training on critical diversity, equity & inclusion issues. CWB facilitators lead hundreds of sessions with businesses worldwide, providing knowledge and tools to foster inclusive organizations.
Day 1: Foundations and Individual Exploration
- Understand the business and human case for diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) by exploring the latest data
- Define foundational concepts including intersectionality, unconscious bias, and micro-inequities
- Understand key psychological processes that impede relations across difference and how to address them
- Learn how to identify individual biases and techniques to de-bias behaviors
- Explore how allyship, cultural humility, and an understanding of individual privilege can help leaders facilitate organizational transformation and help organizations uproot systemic barriers to inclusion
Day 2 – Facilitating Inclusivity within Teams
- Assess power dynamics and their role in teams and organizations
- Explore group norms, the connection between norms and micro-inequities, and how to shift norms toward inclusivity
- Learn to identify individual and group biases and delve into remedies to interrupt these individually and as a team
- Recognize different conflict styles and their role in group interactions
- Learn process interventions to resolve conflict within teams while leveraging disagreements related to diversity of opinions, skills, and expertise.
- Understand how to conduct a courageous conversation, and how to provide de-biasing feedback to bridge differences
- Practice how to leverage trust-building courageous conversations
- Enhance team effectiveness and cohesion
Day 3 – Program Implementation and Sustainability
- Explore Diversity, Equity & Inclusion through an organizational change lens
- Create a detailed Individualized Change Initiative to introduce and implement in your organization
- Engage in a wrap-up activity that incorporates reflection and final questions
- Professionals responsible for employee engagement and/or organizational culture initiatives
- Learning & Development leaders
- Professionals and leaders interested in taking a more active role in promoting diversity, equity & inclusion within their organizations
- Key decision makers such as recruiters, hiring managers, HR partners
- Leaders of corporate employee/business resource groups
Spring 2020 Program Dates
Includes 3 Days of Learning
Session Times: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Program Cost: $2,950
Program fee includes tuition, instructional materials, continental breakfast and lunch.
Register early to receive a 10% discount.
Bentley alumni receive a 15% enrollment discount.
Bentley Refund Policy
Bentley University will grant a full refund for cancellations received at least 30 days before the program start date. A 50% refund will be given for those cancellations made prior to fourteen days of the program start date. No refund will be granted for those cancellations received after that time.
Get More Info
We are happy to answer your questions and provide more details about the program.
Contact Lisa Dinsmore, Associate Director of Executive Education firstname.lastname@example.org 781.891.3458
Please provide the requested information to download the Diversity & Inclusion Champion Certificate brochure.