Bentley University educates students and generates new knowledge by uniting the rigor, relevance, creativity, and intellectual dynamics of business and the liberal arts throughout the curriculum.
Students have the option of pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts major. Both prepare students for careers and for life with courses that provide for professional skills, cultural literacy, creativity, and social responsibility.
Our innovative and integrated business and arts and sciences curricula also allows students to pursue second majors via the Liberal Studies Major or the Business Studies Major, and minors.
We invite students in their first three semesters to explore the curiculm while delving into self-assessment of their own strengths and preferences.
In deciding on the most appropriate major for you:
- browse the homepages of academic departments and the Course Catalogue for more information on each major and courses required
- read the Bentley Major Selection Guide
- attend the Majors/Minors Fair hosted by Academic Services every October
- discuss your options with your academic advisor
- talk with a faculty mentor
- explore your career options in the Office of Career Services
- speak with the chair of the department of the intended major to learn more about the major and to officially declare your major
To declare or change your major or minor:
- Log into MyBentley
- Select Student Self-Service from the left menu
- Choose Main Menu
- Undergraduate day/evening
- Student Services
- At the bottom of the menu, choose add/change major/minor
- Choose the major or minor you want to change to then hit submit (note: you must have a major in order to declare a minor)
- Confirm changes
- Connect with the department chair or designee of the intended major or minor to be offically approved. See the Advising Directory for the most up-to-date contact information.
- Once the major declaration or major change process is complete your Degree Works Audit will be updated.