Skip to main content


" "

Advanced Standing in Finance (BS & MSF)

Accelerate your undergraduate and graduate education


With Bentley's Advanced Standing in Finance program, in the four years you would spend getting an undergraduate degree, you can earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree, distinguishing yourself from your peers and increasing the opportunities for advancement in your career. Earn a graduate degree that is ranked number 2 in the nation by the Financial Times. 

Yasmeen Alwani
I decided to enroll in the Advanced Standing in Finance program because it allowed me to maximize my time, effort and investment. It was the perfect intersection of challenging and interesting.
Yasmeen Alwani, Structured Finance, Moody's
BS Finance 2019; MS Finance 2020

Program Details

  • Open to high-achieving Bentley students majoring in Finance, Economics-Finance and Corporate Finance and Accounting.
  • Earn two degrees in four years.
  • Submit your application during their second year and start taking graduate classes during your junior year.
  • Start your career with an advanced credential that will set you apart.
  • Study an analytics intensive curriculum informed by our partnerships with the CFA Institute and GARP, the Global Association of Risk Professionals.

Earn a Top-Ranked Graduate Degree

Bentley’s master’s degree in Finance has been rated one of the best in the world by the Financial Times, coming in at No. 2 among all U.S. programs and  No. 42 among the top programs in the world.

Learn More

ft ranking

Are you a current Bentley student?

Photo of Florin Morosan
Florin Morosan
MSF Program Director and Lecturer

Have Questions? Connect with the the Program Director. 

Advanced Standing in Finance (ASF)

Students are required to pay a $250 non-refundable deposit by an annually announced deadline. The deadline is typically two weeks after admission decisions are released. Failure to pay the deposit will result in cancellation of admission to the Advanced Standing program. 


Costs and Financial Aid

Below are some frequently asked questions regarding financial aid and how it works for this program. Student Financial Services will be able to provide you details of the program expenses in light of any financial aid you receive.

What are the Costs?

Students enrolled in this program will be eligible to apply for and receive, based on their eligibility, financial assistance for the entire length of their program. Academic scholarships and grants are only available during the academic year for students enrolled full-time, with the exception of their senior summer term. Students in this program are eligible for scholarship and grant at a prorated basis during their senior summer term. Academic merit scholarships are not available for the graduate semesters and need-based grant aid available at the graduate level is limited. 
Undergraduate costs do not change except for an additional $8,000, normally billed as a $2,000 per semester program fee. This $8,000 cost is required for enrollment in the program. During the standard academic terms of fall and spring, you pay tuition at the undergraduate level. 
If enrolling in courses during the summer, you will pay on a per course basis. Once you’ve completed your undergraduate degree, you will pay regular graduate tuition for the remaining courses toward your graduate degree. Tuition rates can be found on the Student Financial Services website.

Are there academic scholarships at the graduate level?

Academic scholarships are not available for the graduate portion of the program.

If I am enrolled part-time in a term, what happens to my academic scholarship and/or need-based aid??

Academic scholarships and grants are only available during the academic year for students enrolled full-time and are applicable to the standard academic year terms of fall and spring (with the exception of senior summer term). Some federal aid, such as Pell Grant and Federal loans, may be available to students enrolled less than full-time. 
Pell grants are available for year-round enrollment at the undergraduate level, as long as you are enrolled at least half-time. However, the amount of Pell Grant for which you may be eligible will be less than when enrolled full-time. Please note, Pell Grant eligibility is based on a federal formula and there will be some cases where a student receiving Pell may demonstrate eligibility at full-time enrollment but not at part-time.
Federal loans are available during the academic year so long as you are enrolled at least half-time.

Can I receive my academic scholarship and/or grant in the summer?

Normally Bentley grants and scholarships are only available during the traditional academic year for students enrolled full-time. However, students in this program are eligible to receive gift aid for the summer term following their junior year, as this term is considered the first term of their senior year. Typically, students enroll at least half-time during their senior summer term, but individual enrollment will vary. The summer cost of attendance is typically less than the fall/spring and scholarship and grant will be prorated based on your individual enrollment level. You must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Federal loans in any term.

Can I use the part of my academic scholarship and/or grant that I don’t use during a part-time semester toward a different undergraduate semester?

You are eligible for grants and scholarships for up to 8 terms or until you meet your degree requirements, whichever comes first. Aid not used in a term when part-time or if a student completes their undergraduate coursework in less than eight terms will not be applied to another term. Amounts are not transferrable between semesters.

If I take a course for winter intensive, can I use my academic scholarship and/or grant to cover it? What are the tuition rates?

The winter intensive is an extra term that is not included. Scholarship and grant is not available for winter intensive terms. May intensives are only considered during your senior summer term. Tuition rates can be found on the Student Financial Services website.