Please note that we have gone to a remote service model:
Disability Services recognizes that it is a difficult time for everyone during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. As a safety precaution for the community, Bentley University has gone to a remote learning and service model. This includes Disability Services.
Although we are remote, our office will continue to provide our services. This includes but is not limited to:
- Video chat or phone meetings
- Continuing our registration process
- Continuing to provide Spring 2020 accommodation plans to registered students
- Providing support to faculty to implement accommodations
If you are a current student and would like to begin the registration process, please visit our documentation guidelines and submit the appropriate documentation. Due to staff working remotely, please email your documentation to Stephanie Brodeur and Steph Bohler.
Disability Services provides equal educational opportunities for all full and part-time students with diagnosed disabilities through an accessible, equitable and inclusive learning environment. In addition to equal access, our accommodations and services are designed to promote individual growth and self-advocacy for students with all types of disabilities, including (but not limited to):
- Learning disabilities
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Psychiatric/psychological disabilities
- Physical disabilities (hearing, vision)
- Mobility/orthopedic disabilities
- Systemic disorders and medical conditions
- Temporary disabilities
Learn more about parking, ramps, and restroom access
- Key buildings on the upper campus are located near parking lots with accessible spaces for individuals with disabilities
- All academic buildings have wheelchair accessible entrances, accessible restroom facilities, and elevators
- Directional information in many of the buildings and on all public elevators is provided in Braille
- Major walkways and road crossings have curb cuts
We work closely with the Residential Center to arrange suitable on-campus housing accommodations for students registered with our office. These accommodations may include, but are not limited to, single bedrooms and/or wheelchair accessible bedrooms/bathrooms.
The Dana Center is mostly wheelchair accessible and open daily! Current Bentley students can take advantage of the following:
- Indoor track
- Basketball, volleyball, and handball courts
- Batting and golf cages
- Cycling machines
- Weight machines and free weights
- Indoor pool
- Gendered saunas, steam baths and locker rooms
Bentley University strives to make web content accessible to all users. If you are having difficulty accessing information and need this content in an alternate format, please contact Stephanie Brodeur at 781-891-2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.