There are many academic support services available to you
Support for Online Courses | Learning Labs & Centers | Academic Policies & Procedures | Organization & Study Skills Coach
If you are experiencing academic difficulty, we recommend that you consider the following:
1. Make an appointment with your instructor to:
- Discuss your status in the course
- Develop a realistic assessment of how you are doing
- Begin outlining a plan to improve your performance
2. Meet with an Academic Advisor to:
- Discuss the concerns raised by your faculty
- Gain valuable insight into the concerns
- Learn about resources that are available to you
You may also want to discuss whether the issues that are surfacing in one course exist in other courses to get a greater understanding of individual strengths and weaknesses and how to best address the areas of concern.
3. Depending on your area of concern, seek out assistance through:
If you are thinking about withdrawing from a course, be sure to:
- Check the add/drop/withdrawal schedule
- Discuss the pros and cons with your advisor
- Understand how it impacts your enrollment status
- Check with Financial Assistance if you have merit aid or scholarships
Note: International students must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits
Learning Labs & Centers
The Learning Centers on campus provide tutoring services for current Graduate students.
Check them out below for information on their hours and what services they offer.
CLIC is a multipurpose collaborative space that fosters communication across languages and cultures
Here you can receive tutoring for CS602 CS603, CS605, CS607 and CS610
LEAF provides academic support for economics, accounting, and finance
The MLC offers drop-in tutoring for GR521 and ST625
Students enrolled in GR602, AC730, AC731, or AC742 can get help with SAP software
The Writing Center provides one-on-one assistance with all writing skills
Organization & Study Skills Coach
About Graduate Academic Advising & Engagement
GAAE is located in Jennison 336. The entrance is the second door on the left when you enter the building from the main campus quad.
GAAE provides academic advising and support to graduate students across all MS and MBA programs. Our aim is to help students make the most of their graduate studies and achieve academic success.
Students wishing to schedule a virtual academic advising appointment can view our availability as well as how to schedule an appointment by visiting our website.
The GAAE advising team collaborates with the graduate program directors, MBA program concentration advisors, faculty and staff to offer graduate students the resources they need to achieve their academic goals.
In addition to helping students plan their courses, we can answer general questions about the graduate school and other matters important to Bentley graduate students, referring questions to other service offices when appropriate.
International students have a network of professional staff available to help them reach their academic and personal goals. Learn more