This page contains resources to support students involved in online learning. These are intended to help you adapt your habits and learning styles to an online format and adjust things such as study skills and communication with your groups to continue to complete assignments and achieve your goals as learners.
Please check back often: This page will be updated as additional information and resources become available.
There is no perfect solution for this situation and perfection is not expected. However, please try your best to be adaptable and focus on the key learning objectives for your courses.
Although learning online may be new and intimidating to you, it will be okay. You will be better than you think. The keys are to focus on best practices and maintain communications with your professors.
- You are not alone! Bentley will do its best to provide you the support and resources you need during these unusual circumstances. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Hybrid and Synchronous Learning
Learning Via Zoom
If you have not used Zoom before, you will find everything you need on our Getting started with Zoom page!
Remote Classroom Etiquette
Learning via Blackboard
Blackboard (Bb) is a web-based Learning Management System. Essentially, it is a website that class participants can access any time from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Students can access course-related materials – syllabus, presentations, videos, grades
- Collaborate with faculty and other students using discussion boards and/or blogs
- Faculty can collect assignments, give quizzes, tests, and exams.
To access your courses, visit MyBentley. Click on the Blackboard Learn icon. On the Bb login page, login with your Bentley credentials.
For more information on Bb, visit our Bb Student Help page.
Help Desk call center hours (Eastern Time): Monday -- Thursday 7:30 a.m. -- 8:00 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
Students can seek IT help in two ways during business hours (Eastern Time):
Emails should include:
- Student phone # and location.
- Describe specific question/problem/request and urgency of IT support need.
- Course and section number of class (if applicable).
Study Skills & Time Management
Communication Skills & Setting Boundaries
Students who enrolled in Bentley's screening testing program and are authorized to be on campus may access certain classroom spaces for studying and synchronous learning. While in these spaces, students must obey the following protocols:
- Masks must be worn at all times while in these spaces.
- Space is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Please be considerate of other students by using headsets and microphones when participating in a class in a shared space.
- Please limit your use of the space to times when your class is meeting.
- All rooms will be cleaned and sanitized by facilities each evening. All rooms will have a supply of sanitizing wipes for use during the day. Please wipe down your space before and after each use.
- Please do not rearrange any furniture and observe the posted occupancy limits.