Student Health Resources
These are the staff's top picks: apps, resources and websites to support your well-being goals. Check our emergencies and off-campus care page for additional community resources.
The following include lists of reputable websites on a variety of health and mental health topics.
General Health and Mental Health Websites for College Students
Sexual Health and Healthy Relationships Websites
- Bedsider for information on birth control options
- Planned Parenthood League of America Teen Sexual Health Information
- Healthy Sexuals a sexual health prevention and education site
- OneLove Foundation educates students on healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Love Is Respect empowers young people to prevent and end abusive relationships
- Safex Sex for Trans Bodies (PDF)
- Get Tested to find HIV and STI testing locations near you
- Breast exam infographic/instructions
- Testicular self-exam instructions
Alcohol Marijuana and Other Drugs Websites
- NIDA Infofacts list health information, data and most recent research for various substances
- NIAAA Rethinking Drinking connects you to tools to explore safer alcohol consumption
- CDC Marijuana and Public Health features up to date research and information about marijuana
- Go Ask Alice; Student Alcohol and Other Drugs questions answered without judgement or bias
Nicotine and Tobacco Information and Cessation Websites
- Tools, tips and advice for quitting tobacco and nicotine: www.teen.smokefree.gov
- Resources for quitting: www.becomeanex.org
- Facts about e-cigarettes, vaping and adolescent health
Nutrition and Body Image Websites
Mental Health, Stress and Emotional Well-being Websites
Here are our top picks for apps to support well-being. Unless indicated, all are available at the App store and on Google Play.
Mindfulness, Breathing and Meditation Apps for help with stress management, focus, mood and sleep
These sleep apps can help you develop a healthy sleep routine, fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer.
Mood Enhancement and Tracking Apps
- SuperBetter Resilience Training
- What's Up?
Smoking and Vaping Cessation Apps
Sexual and Reproductive Health Apps
The following are phone and text service providers and support groups. In an emergency situation, always call University Police at (781) 891-3131.
Mental Health and General Health
- Massachusetts 24 Hour Suicide Prevention Hotline 617.247.0220
- Crisis Text Line: Text “Start” to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
- Massachusetts 24 Hour Suicide Prevention Hotline 617-247-0220
- Crisis Text Line Text HOME to 741741 (US Only)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
LGBTQ+ Support Services
- Trevor Project call or text 866.488.7386 for crisis intervention for LGBTQ+ people
- LGBT Peer Listening Line sponsored by Fenway Health 1.800.399.PEER (mon-sat 5p-10p)
- LGBT National Youth Talkline 1.800.246.7743 (mon-fri 4p-12a Eastern)
- Trevor Project AVAILABLE 24/7/365 Call: 1-866-488-7386 Text: START 678678
- LGBTQ PEER Listening Line Fenway Health Peer Listening Line (25 & Under): 617.267.2535,Toll Free: 800.399.PEER Hours: Monday-Saturday, 5:00-10:00pm
- LGBTQ National Youth Talkline Call: 800-246-7743 Hours: Monday-Friday 4pm-12am Saturday 12pm-5pm
- MA Substance Abuse Helpline 1.800.327.5050
- National Substance Abuse Helpline 1.800.662.HELP (4357)
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 617.426.9444
- Al-Anon and Alateen is for family members and friends of people who are substance dependent: 1.508.366.0556
- Cocaine Anonymous: 617.539.6090
- Marijuana Anonymous: 1.800.766.6779
- Narcotics Anonymous: 1.866.624.3578
- MA Smokers Quit Line 1.800.QUITNOW (784.8669)
- CDC Quit Line: 1.877.44U.QUIT(448.7848)
- Quitting for Juul or Vaping cessation; text “Quit” to 706.222.QUIT or text “Quitnow” to 202.759.6435 for cigarettes
Sexual or Relationship Violence
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center 24/7 Hotline: 1.800.841.8371
- REACH Beyond Domestic Violence 24/7 Hotline: 1.800.899.4000
- Love is Respect text “LOVEIS” to 22522 or call 1.866.331.9474 to chat with a peer advocate
Sexuality and Sexual Health Support
Call (781) 891-3131 if you’re experiencing a medical or emotional emergency. Help is available 24 hours a day.
Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence
Learn how you can help prevent sexual and interpersonal violence, support survivors and become empowered allies. Find People and Resources at Bentley that can help.