Congratulations and welcome to Bentley University - we can't wait for you to join our community and look forward to meeting you in August!
At new student orientation, first year and transfer students meet faculty and staff, build relationships with fellow students and start to integrate into campus life. Find everything you need to know about getting started at Bentley right here.
Step 1: Log in to your New Student Portal and complete the new student checklist - This portal gives you access to Online Orientation, the new student checklist and resources.
- Reminders: Please note that you must have your Bentley email address in order to access the portal.
- More help: Refer to your New Student Guide for more information and deadlines, and don't forget to check off those tasks as you complete them!
Step 2: Register for Classes
- First-year Students: In July, new first year students will participate in a pre-registration webinar on July 16 and register for classes on July 23.
- Transfer Students: Transfer Registration Day is August 7, 2019. If you are unable to attend, a schedule will be created for you and will then be able to make adjustments to your classes during the “add/drop” period.
Step 3: Attend Orientation - In August, attend our 5-day orientation program where you'll move into your residence hall, engage with faculty and staff and integrate into the Bentley community, while outlining the core values, expectations, and ideals of what a Falcon can look like.
We will be hosting Webinars, called Falcon Live Chats where we stream to you LIVE with information about campus and answers to your questions. Please click the individual links below to register and join the webinars and virtual office hours.
Falcon Live Chats
As parents or family members of a new student, it is likely that you have questions about resources, student success, or simply how Bentley works. With that in mind, we have prepared the following videos to help acquaint you with the programs and services available to your students, as well as the staff who manage those services within the division of Student Affairs.
We encourage you to look through these at your convenience. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact any of the presenters directly, as they would be happy to talk with you. Their contact information should appear on the last slide of the presentation. You may also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org should that be more convenient.
Falcon Live Chats are webinars that allow new students to connect with staff who can answer questions about registering for classes, getting settled into Bentley, living on campus and more. Register for these upcoming Live Chats:
- May 21 (Watch recording): New Falcon Summer Experience – Deposited: Now What? An overview of the summer experience and the New Student Checklist (On-Demand)
- June 18 (Register now): Residential Life – Learn about living and dining on campus
- June 24 (Register now): Health and Well-being – Hear from our campus health and wellness resources on how to ensure your student is a healthy Falcon
- August 6 (Register now): Conversation with the Deans – “Meet” the deans and learn more about the overall student experience
*Please note, all Family Falcon Live Chats will occur at 6 pm (EST). If you are unable to attend live, the recordings will be available on-demand.
International Student Resources
If you are a new international student who needs help obtaining a Visa or immigration documents, visit the Center for International Students and Scholars site for more information on preparing for your arrival to Bentley.
Welcome Graduate Students
If you are a new graduate student looking for more information about orientation and on-boarding, visit Academic Services for more information.
More Questions? Contact Us
We're here to help with any other questions you may have.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 781-891-2271
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:00am - 5:30pm ET; Friday, 9:00am - 1:00pm ET
New England weather fluctuates throughout the year. You will likely be on campus for cold weather, as well as rain and warmer weather.
- May-September: Very warm, summer temperatures (average: 70 degrees F/ 21 degrees C)
- September-December: Cooler, fall temperatures (average: 50 degrees F/ 10 degrees C)
- December-March: Cold, winter temperatures, snowy (average: 30 degrees F/ -1 degrees C)
- March-May: Typically rainy, warmer, spring temperatures (average: 50 degrees F/ 10 degrees C)