Skip to main content

COVID-19 Update

Commencement 2020 will be held later this year. Click here for Commencement info. For all updates, visit:

Center for International Students and Scholars (CISS)

Center for International Students and Scholars (CISS)

Helping international students and their families feel welcome

Bentley University offers a warm and inviting community for international students to learn, grow professionally, and engage with the world.

The Center for International Students and Scholars (CISS) offers resources for international students and promotes interactions between domestic and international students. CISS makes it possible for all Bentley students to gain both a global perspective and a broadened world view.

Our CISS staff is still working and we are continuing to process all immigration requests as well as provide advising to you. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry in a timely manner, and in the interim the information below may help answer your questions.

              CISS operations

              CISS is operating and conducting all business remotely. We are still working and providing all regular services, however all correspondence is now conducted via phone and email instead of in-person.

              Travel Signatures

              To obtain an updated travel signature, you will need to request a new I-20 and we will print a new I-20 with valid signature and mail it to you.

              OPT and STEM Extension (OPT Applications will be accepted electronically only)

              To submit documents to the CISS:

              • Please refer to the OPT section of our website for a list of documents and downloadable forms:
              • Scan and email documents in a single email to When possible, please send in the form of a single, compact PDF document. Note that incomplete applications will not be accepted. You may omit photocopies of previously-issued I-20s.
                • Please include in the email subject line: [OPT/STEM OPT Application ] -- [Your Name and Bentley ID]
                • Please include in the email content: a complete U.S. address, including zip code, of where we can mail your OPT I-20 once processed. If you prefer to collect your documents in person, we can leave them for you at the University Police station (please indicate this preference in your email).
              • Please allow up to 7-10 business days for review and issuance of an OPT-recommendation I-20. Bentley CISS is working diligently to continue to provide services during this period, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Once processed, we will notify you of corrections and mailing instructions via email, and inform you of the mailing status of your I-20.
              CPT Applications will be accepted electronically only
              • While we will continue to accept completed electronic CPT applications for the summer 2020 term, please note that the CISS generally waits for April course registration to begin processing these applications. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we prioritize time-sensitive applications. General CPT information can be found here on our website:
              • Please email completed CPT application forms and accompanying offer letters in a single email (PDF form attachments)  to with subject line: [CPT Application] -- [Your Name and Bentley ID].
              EAD cards and I-797 receipt notices

              The Bentley mail room will continue to function and will alert CISS when these documents arrive. We will contact individual students to arrange for mailing or pickup as documents are received.

              Newly Accepted Students

              CISS is continuing to process I-20s for incoming Bentley students.

              We will be corresponding with new students regularly via e-mail and encourage you to check with your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate for updates about scheduling visa appointments.  Any inquiries should be directed to and we will respond as soon as possible during our business hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm EST.  

              • CISS will offer twice daily Zoom virtual advising options. This zoom link will allow you to speak "face to face" with a CISS advisor for a quick 5-10 minute conversation during the following times:
                • Monday -- Friday 9am-10am (EST)
                • Monday -- Friday 2pm-3pm (EST)
              • As always, we are also available for advising questions via email at  
              • CISS is open and responding to phone (+1.781.891.2829) and email inquiries (
              • When remote classes begin on March 23rd, you will maintain your F-1 status as long as you follow your online course work.
              • Because courses will remain online for the rest of the semester, you can continue to complete your course requirements remotely for the entire Spring 2020 semester.
              • Bentley is closely monitoring travel restriction updates as well as updates related to COVID-19 and will notify students as the situation progresses. Bentley's updates will all be posted at
              • Important information for students (including a dedicated section for international students) is available at the Student FAQ page.

              Connections Beyond Borders

              Connections Beyond Borders connects international students with students, staff and faculty who are from the US. The pairs meet regularly for conversation or to attend University programs and events.

              Learn More


              Each Fall, Bentley celebrates the rich cultural fabric of our University through a week-long celebration. CultureFest includes activities, food, music and presentations all around campus.

              Learn More


              Graduate international students educate the Bentley community about their home country, culture, and traditions through the WorldView program. The goal is to increase awareness and intercultural sensitivity for everyone by encouraging dialogue and global citizenship.

              Learn More


              F1 Undergraduate Students


              F1 Graduate Students


              J1 Exchange Students

              CISS Staff

              Contact Us

              Student Center, Room 310

              • Monday—Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
              • Walk-in Hours: Tuesday—Thursday: 2 to 4 p.m.
              • Request an appointment with an advisor (for questions not answered by our website)

              Phone: 781-891-2829 | Fax: 781-891-2845 | Email: