Library, Lower Level, Room 023
Because of fall break, we will be closed from Saturday, October 10 through Tuesday, October 13. We will reopen for our regular hours at 10:00am on Wednesday, October 14.
We've made a few changes this semester:
- Our scheduling site has changed. Now you can schedule an appointment at bentley.mywconline.net.
- We now have only hour-long appointments (we're no longer running on the class schedule).
- We have some great new tutors!
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Sunday: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Drop-ins are welcome, but appointments are encouraged. For an appointment, call 781.891.3173, or schedule one online when our new scheduling site goes live on September 14, 2015.
Few students find it easy to do all the writing required of them in college. Forms of writing assigned in college often differ from those assigned in high school, and college professors' standards are often higher than those of high school teachers. Bentley provides you with a special writing resource: the Writing Center.
The Writing Center is open days and evenings for one-to-one assistance with writing skills. It is staffed by a writing instructor and by peer tutors chosen both for the quality of their own writing and for their friendliness.
Hundreds of students at Bentley — students of all years and abilities — use the Writing Center each semester. What is more, they come to the center at all stages of the writing process:
- Some come about a course paper they have yet to start writing, to use a peer tutor as a sounding board for their ideas.
- Some come to the center to try out a draft.
- Some come for help making sense of their teachers’ marks on past papers.
- Some come to talk about their writing in general, rather than about specific writing assignments.
Check out our blog "Writing Matters," where we discuss writing issues from the silly to the sublime.
If you need help with reading, pronunciation, conversation, or ESOL-related writing issues, you can also contact the ESOL Center.