Bentley PhD in Accounting Application Information
Application Dates and Deadlines
Application Available: October 16, 2024
Final Application Deadline: Monday, January 6, 2025 Midnight EST
Early Admission Decision: Early applications are encouraged. We will consider all applications received prior to the midnight January 6, 2025 deadline for early decision. If you apply early and do not receive an offer of early admission, your application will remain in the applicant pool and will be considered alongside those received by the midnight January 6, 2025 deadline.
Application Areas: For the fall 2025 intake we will be accepting applications for the PhD in Accounting. There will be no fall 2025 intake for the Full Time PhD in Business.
Admissions Timetable: The PhD program will review all completed applications received by the midnight January 6, 2025 deadline. All final admissions decisions will be communicated by April 15, 2025.
Applicants to the PhD program typically have a master’s degree from an accredited institution. Those whose graduate degrees are not in business are required to demonstrate their understanding of business subjects, including baseline knowledge of the core subject courses for the PhD in Accounting or business. Professional work experience, including some in a managerial or supervisory capacity, is preferred. The experience can be in business, government, or the nonprofit sector.
- Master's Degree: A master’s degree is preferred.
- Transcripts: From every college or university in which you were enrolled in a degree-granting program.
- GMAT or GRE Test Scores: Scores taken within the past five years. The preferred GMAT score is 650+. The preferred GRE score is 160+ quantitative and 160+ verbal. The GMAT test codes are 84V-F2-02 for Accounting and 84V-F2-50 for Business. The GRE test code is 3096.
- TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo: Required for international applicants. You may be able to waive the requirement if you are a citizen of a pre-approved* English-speaking nation or completed a bachelor’s, master’s, or higher degree in which all instruction was provided in English (documentation of English instruction is required). If you meet either qualification, you may request a waiver at the time you submit your application; note that your application must be complete before your waiver will be considered, and an interview may be required. Contact us to discuss your potential eligibility for a waiver. The minimum acceptable TOEFL score is 100, IELTS score is 7.0, and Duolingo score is 130.
- Research Statement: A five-page statement outlining the general area in which you would like to focus your doctoral research. We do not expect a fully developed specification of your research at this time. The research statement will be used primarily to assess your writing and your potential research fit with a faculty member who may act as your primary advisor.
- Personal Statement: Please discuss why you wish to undertake a PhD program and why Bentley University is the appropriate institution.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation, including at least two from faculty members knowledgeable about the applicant's work and capabilities, who can address the candidate's potential for completing doctoral-level research.
- Curriculum vitae: Applicants should upload their current CV.
- Interview: Select candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
Students may be eligible for need-based aid. Please see the graduate student web page for more information. For PhD stipend and funding information, please visit our Fellowships and Funding page.