Academic Technology Center
- We provide students and faculty access to a rich array of software applications and databases. These tools are often accessed from a variety of sources, including:
- Campuswide Academic Tools & Software – a website that lists all applications available at Bentley for faculty and/or student use with a brief description of it and more details on how to install/use them.
- The Classroom
- The various Specialty Labs (the Center for Marketing Technology, the Accounting Center for Electronic Learning and Business Measurement, the Trading Room, etc.)
- The three PC Teaching Labs in the Smith Academic Technology Center
- From the Bentley Virtual Lab (“VLAB”) central applications server, which can be used from dormitory rooms or anywhere on campus
- Note: If you are logged into the Bentley on-campus network and do not have a “Bentley Virtual Lab” icon on your laptop, please download and install the VLab Launcher. You must be on-campus and logged into the Bentley network with your Bentley network username and password to connect to the Virtual Lab. You may also need to perform one more step for this to work. Using notepad open the file c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Then add the following entry to the bottom of that document. Follow these directions to get VLAB on your non-Bentley computer. Again, you have to be on-campus to get this working.
- 188.8.131.52 electra electra.bentley.edu
- Student laptops
- 120 publicly accessible computer workstations at the library