To successfully lead in the increasingly complex world of health care, you need to develop a solid framework for decision making that employs broad-based understanding of the many perspectives across the organization. Bentley University is proud to partner with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) to bring a highly customized MBA program to equip BIDMC and Beth Israel Lahey Health's leaders with the skills they will need to meet the complicated challenges faced by healthcare organizations.
Specialize your MBA with electives focused on strategic health-care management.
Generous Tuition Discount
As a BILH employee, you will receive a generous discount on tuition and you are encouraged to access your tuition reimbursement benefit.
Begin with live, virtual course offerings and transition to a combination of synchronous virtual, and in-person learning on BIDMC’s campus when appropriate.
Accelerated Time to Completion
Earn your MBA from Bentley University in just over two years. Course waivers are available for eligible candidates.
The Bentley MBA at BIDMC features our top-rated MBA curriculum, infused with applications-based learning experiences that contextualize the business principles to the health care sector. The program requires students to take a minimum of 12 courses and a maximum of 15 courses, pending eligibility for foundation course waivers.
The Bentley MBA program is offered to BILH employees in a cohort format. Cohorts will proceed through the curriculum in lock-step, enabling students to deepen their professional network. All cohort members will take the same MBA courses, including electives.
The Bentley MBA includes the following course requirements:
Admitted students are eligible to waive up to five foundation courses by providing evidence of successful, recent (within five years) equivalent course work in the topic or sufficient work experience within the discipline. If three or more foundation courses are waived, students will be required to take additional electives to meet the program minimum of twelve courses.
- GR 521 Managerial Statistics
- GR 522HC Microeconomic Foundations of Health Care
- GR 523 Marketing Management
- GR 524 Accounting for Decision-Making
- GR 525 Financial Statement Analysis for Decision-Making
All MBA students are required to take six Core Courses
- GR 601 Strategic Information Technology Alignment
- GR 602 Business Process Management
- GR 603 Leading Responsibly
- GR 604 Global Strategy
- GR 606 Designing for the Value Chain
- GR 645 Law, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
Bentley University collaborated with BIDMC to select impactful elective offerings, targeted to the needs of leaders in health care. Topics of electives will include:
- Project Management
- Health Care Analytics
- Patient Experience
- Health Care Innovations
Should a student waive four or more foundation courses, Bentley will provide the opportunity for those students to take additional elective offerings through Bentley's general MBA course catalog.
Application requirements include:
- Completed application (opens on July 15, 2021)
- Verification of BILH employment status
- Undergraduate transcript
- One essay
- One reference who will be willing to submit a recommendation form to your application. (BILH reference preferred, unless new employee)
- GMAT or GRE: Waivers are available based upon academic history, and relevant professional experience. Please discuss your eligibility with one of our Graduate Admission counselors.
- Interviews may be requested by Bentley for some applicants.
- First Information Session: June 24, 2021
- Application Opens: July 15, 2021
- Application Due: October 18, 2021
- Decisions Released: November 12, 2021
- Enrollment Deadline ($500 Deposits Due): December 3, 2021
- Classes Begin: January 2022
Bentley is ranked among the top 30 online graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report, the top 200 by QS World University Rankings, and the top 100 Best Business Schools by Bloomberg Businessweek
Glisery Colon is the Senior Associate Director of Graduate Admission for Bentley University. She has almost 20 years of professional experience in higher education. Originally, from Boston MA, she has spent several years in southern CA working at a number of institutions. Glisery held positions serving as Director of Graduate Admissions recruiting students for Architecture, Media, Psychology, Business, and Leadership programs. She also served as an adjunct instructor and has taught Personal & Professional Development courses. Glisery holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Fisher College in Boston, MBA from Woodbury University in Burbank, CA and Alumna of Bentley University’s Advanced Graduate Studies with a focus in Marketing Analytics.