Global Alumni Board
The Global Alumni Board (GAB) serves as a sounding board for alumni engagement for Falcons all over the world. The GAB is dedicated to ensuring a two-way conversation between alumni and the university, as well as advancing the many ways all Bentley graduates can engage at every stage of their lives and careers.
GAB serves as a strong, supportive voice for our community. Each year, GAB recognizes select Falcons for their outstanding commitment to Bentley and the world: The Harry C. Bentley Alumni Achievement Award honors graduates who reflect the tenets of Bentley University’s founder, and the Emerging Alumni Leader Award honors a graduating senior.
Nominations are accepted annually, with terms beginning in July. All Bentley alumni, undergraduate and graduate, are eligible to hold a seat on the Global Alumni Board. Board members serve a two-year term (with a review after the first year), and can serve up to three consecutive terms.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide guidance and feedback on university initiatives designed to engage alumni in a meaningful, lifelong relationship
- Participate in monthly conference calls with full board and staff representatives
- Attend two Global Alumni Board retreats (typically in October and May)
- Make a minimum annual gift of $2,500 to the Bentley Fund as part of the President’s Club
Harry C. Bentley Alumni Achievement Award
The Harry C. Bentley Alumni Achievement Award honors graduates who reflect the tenets of Bentley University’s founder, Harry Bentley, by achieving excellence in at least one of the following three areas:
- Professional achievement: the alumnus/a has significantly advanced their profession
- Community achievement: the alumnus/a has demonstrated leadership through service in their own community
- Bentley achievement: the alumnus/a has shown dedication to Bentley through service and engagement
Consistent with Bentley’s mission, nominees are creative, ethical and socially responsible organizational leaders.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Award nominations are open to all Bentley alumni.
- Alumni who are staff and faculty members are eligible. They should demonstrate dedication to the university above and beyond their job duties.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Current members of the Bentley University Global Alumni Board are not eligible.
- Current members of the Bentley University Board of Trustees are not eligible.
- Current Bentley staff/faculty members are not eligible.
- Nominators do not need to be Bentley alumni.
Instructions to Complete Nomination Form
- Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis. Please notify your nominee that you intend to nominate him/her for this award, and secure your candidate's approval before submitting the form.
- Please limit the number of words for each response to 300 and use specific examples.
- Nominators are permitted to attach up to five additional documents demonstrating the nominee’s candidacy (e.g., news articles).
- Nominations that do not follow the instructions will be returned to the nominator, with a request for re-submission in accordance with the instructions.
- Information in this application will be used in the final selection process, and portions may be used in press releases, articles and other communications.
Award and Ceremony
The award is presented by the Global Alumni Board in the spring.
2023: Sonya Yee Coleman ’86
2022: J. Terence Carleton ’77, P ’08 ’09
2021: Paul Mastrocola ’90, P ’24
2019: Susan Gorman ’84 and Janine Danielson ’84
2018: James Maguire ’63
2017: Marcelo Claure ’93, Carla M. (Stella) McCall ’89 and Darryl Poole ’68
Emerging Alumni Leader Award
The Emerging Alumni Leader Award is presented to a graduating senior during Commencement Weekend in recognition of the student’s cumulative acts and contributions over their time at Bentley. The Global Alumni Board (GAB) recognizes how this student leader’s activities and behavior reflect their potential to be an esteemed and involved member of the alumni community. This award focuses on three key criteria: impactful, inclusive, honest.
Nomination and Selection Process
Nominations are solicited from the senior class as well as all faculty and staff via email on an annual basis.
Award and Ceremony
The award is presented by the Global Alumni Board chair during Commencement Weekend.
If you are interested in taking a leadership role, please send a note to Allison Kerivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-891-2870.