Last Updated: Jan. 27, 2022
- Booster Shots: Required for the spring 2022 semester. Residential students must upload their proof of a booster before move-in and non-residential students must upload proof by Feb. 1. Read more
- Screening Tests: Required weekly for the spring 2022 semester for all residential students and non-residential undergraduates. Read more
- Face Coverings: Required indoors, as posted, for all vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, except in residence halls. Read more
- Self-Checks: Students should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 on a daily basis using the COVID-19 daily checklist.
Faculty and Staff
- Booster Shots: Required for the spring 2022 semester. Faculty and staff must upload their proof of a booster by Feb. 24. Read more
- Face Coverings: Required indoors, as posted, for all vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, except in a private office. Read more
- Screening Tests: On-campus faculty and staff may be required to test in certain situations in the screening testing program. Faculty teaching and frontline staff members may voluntarily test on a weekly basis. Read more
- Self-Checks: Faculty and staff should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 on a daily basis using the COVID-19 daily checklist.
Visitors and Guests
Proof of Vaccination: All spectators for indoor athletic events are required to provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a negative test result administered within the past 72 hours. Read more
Face Coverings: Required on campus for visitors and guests at all times when indoors. Read more
Self-Checks: Guests are required to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to visiting campus by completing the COVID-19 daily checklist.
Dashboards and Quick Links
Bentley has adopted the isolation and quarantine guidelines of the CDC, meaning that those who test positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, are required to isolate for five full days. If on day 6, you display no symptoms of COVID-19 and have been fever-free for 24-hours without the aid of medication, you may exit isolation but must wear a mask in all settings for five full days.
Those who are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccination, including having received a booster shot, OR those who are within the 90-day period since testing positive for COVID-19 do not require quarantine if displaying no symptoms.
For those who are unvaccinated or not up to date on vaccination, meaning you are vaccinated but have not received a booster, you must quarantine for five days.
Where possible, departments and student organizations should avoid or delay inviting non-Bentley visitors to campus during the two week ease-in period ending Feb. 7.
If an event is deemed essential and has vice president approval, all visitors will be required to follow the visitor protocols below.
Indoor events where physical spacing is structured (i.e., seated) or diffuse/low occupancy and masks can be continuously worn (no food/beverage) and events are supervised for the duration of the event by staff or faculty designated by the appropriate vice president.
Jan. 31 to Feb. 6:
If metrics permit, indoor events where physical spacing is structured (i.e., seated) or diffuse/low occupancy and masks can be continuously worn (no food/beverage). Events/meetings need to be approved but not supervised.
Return to regular event policies (if metrics permit).
Performers, speakers, facilitators, and, lecturers who will be on stage and farther than 10’ from the audience may remove their face covering for the performance or to deliver remarks. For performances that feature singing, 25' of spacing from the audience is required. All other interactions will require face coverings to be worn. All attendees are required to wear face coverings at indoor events. Panelists/groups speaking collectively on stage will require the following precautions:
- When seated/standing 6’ apart and a minimum of 10’ from the audience, panelists may remove their face coverings for the duration of the event while on stage. Each panelist will have their own microphone. Sharing of microphones will not be permitted.
- When not able to be seated/standing 6’ apart, panelists may remove their face coverings when speaking, but will be expected to replace the face covering in between active contributions. Each panelist will have their own microphone. 10’ distance between the panel and audience is still expected.
Among the spaces where these face covering accommodations may be permitted are the Wilder Pavilion, Koumantzelis Auditorium, the LaCava conference rooms, the Bentley Arena, and function rooms across campus.
Faculty and staff members seeking guidance for hosting on-campus events may contact Maria Monks Serrao and Nicole Chabot-Wieferich.
Visitor and Guest Policy
Face Covering Signage
For questions, please contact the following offices:
General Questions: Returntocampus@bentley.edu
Campus Services- SM_CampusServices@bentley.edu
COVID Vaccination Questions- COVIDVaccine@bentley.edu
Financial Aid- Finaid@bentley.edu
Health Center- GA_Healthcenter@Bentley.edu
Student Affairs- GA_StudentAffairs@bentley.edu
Student Financial Services- GA_SFS@bentley.edu
- Jan. 20- Booster Reminder and Updates to the Isolation/Quarantine Guidelines
- Jan. 14 - Pre-Arrival Testing Procedures for Residential Students
- Jan. 12 - Update from the Cabinet on Spring 2022 COVID-19 Polices
- Jan. 7 - Message to Students about January Intensive Courses
- Jan. 6 - Preparing for the Spring 2022 Semester
- Dec. 16 - Spring 2022 Booster Shot Deadlines
- Dec. 7 - Spring 2022 Booster Shot and Testing Requirements
- Dec. 2 - Back to Bentley Newsletter
- Nov. 23 - Recommendation for Students to get Boosters
- Nov. 15 - Back to Bentley Newsletter
- Oct. 29 - Back to Bentley Newsletter
- Oct. 26 - Fall 2021 Screening Testing Guidelines
- Oct. 8 - Back to Bentley Newsletter
- Oct. 4 - Vaccination Requirement for Indoor Athletic Events
- Sept. 27 - Back to Bentley Newsletter
- Sept. 13 - Back to Bentley Newsletter
- Aug. 25 - Fall 2021 Semester Face Covering Guidelines
- July 27 - Vaccination Requirement for Faculty and Staff
- July 15 - COVID-19 Vaccination Deadline Reminder
- June 24 - Vaccination Goal Achieved: Lifting On-Campus Guidelines
- June 10 - Additional Updates to Campus Health and Safety Guidelines
- May 27 - Updates to the University's Health and Safety Guidelines
- May 17 - COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for the Fall 2021 Semester