Skip to main content

Financial Assistance

Study Abroad

The university's education abroad programs bring Bentley students all over the world and offer you academically rigorous and culturally rich international experiences, preparing you for leadership in an increasingly interconnected world. Our study abroad programs are designed to fit your needs; whether you are interested in studying abroad for one week, a semester or entire year, you can choose the type of study abroad experience that you want. You can take classes at a foreign university, have a service-learning experience abroad or apply for an overseas internship.

Bentley Partner and Affiliate Programs


Federal and State Funds

Federal funds are awarded as part of your need-based aid package and are available to assist with regular Bentley Partner and Affiliate program costs. Federal funds include Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Grants, and Direct Loans (formerly called Stafford loans). Although Federal Work-Study may be a part of your typical package, it is not awarded for semesters when you are not on campus. State scholarships may also be used for education abroad.

Bentley Grants and Scholarships

Bentley grant and scholarship funds are available for education abroad with limitations. You may not receive Bentley grant funds for an education abroad term in excess of what you would normally receive for enrollment at Bentley. If the education abroad cost exceeds the cost for a term at Bentley, we will increase your student budget so that you may borrow the difference if you wish.

Bentley gift aid (grants and scholarships) is generally available for only one term of study abroad. Under some circumstances, you may be awarded grant funds for a second term abroad, provided your application has been approved by the Office of Education Abroad.

Falcon Grant

Since these awards require participation in an on-campus program, athletics-related financial aid will not be applied to any semester during which a student-athlete chooses to study abroad.

Service-Learning Scholarship

Since these awards require participation in an on-campus program, you must get permission to continue receiving these awards while abroad.

Non-Bentley Programs

Federal and State Funds

Some need-based funds (excluding Federal Work-Study, Federal Perkins Loan and Federal Supplemental Grant) may be available to assist with costs for non-Bentley-sponsored education abroad programs. Federal funds generally include Pell Grants and Direct Loans. State scholarships may also be used for non-Bentley sponsored education abroad programs.

Bentley Grants and Scholarships

These funding sources are not available for education abroad through non-Bentley programs. This includes need-based grants, non-need-based merit awards, and athletic awards.

If you are a financial aid recipient and are interested in education abroad, regardless of the program, you should meet with a financial aid counselor. To schedule an appointment, call 781.891.3441 or visit Rauch 104.