Skip to main content

Financial Assistance

" "


Median Starting Salary

Career Services


Million in Financial Aid Administered

Financial Aid


Job Placement Rate

Career Services


of Students Receive Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Academic Scholarships

Academic Scholarships for First Year and Transfer Students

Bentley University offers academic scholarships to First Year (fall semester) and Transfer (fall and spring semester) applicants based on academic achievement. All applicants for admission are considered and there is no separate application process. Students are notified of eligibility for academic scholarships at the time of admission. Merit award notifications will also include scholarship specific renewal requirements, including GPA and full-time enrollment. Students are eligible for merit scholarship for a maximum of eight semesters or until they satisfy their degree requirements, whichever comes first. Additionally, merit scholarships are only available during fall and spring semesters in which students are enrolled.

Applicants who qualify for financial assistance will have scholarship funds incorporated into their need-based financial aid package. Academic scholarships are awarded only at the time of admission and are not available to currently matriculated students.

Please visit Undergraduate Admission for more information.

Women's Leadership Award and Program

Each year, Bentley selects a group of high-achieving students from the incoming First Year fall class for the Center for Women and Business (CWB) Women's Leadership Program. This award recognizes women who have demonstrated strong leadership potential while in high school. Recipients will participate in a four-year leadership program that empowers young women with the essential skills, real-world experiences, and confidence needed to advance into leadership roles. CWB Leaders receive $10,000 per year. There is a separate application process for this program. Follow this link for more information. Women's Leadership Awards are available only at the time of admission and are not available to currently matriculated or transfer students.

Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships

Transfer applicants who submit their application and supporting materials by the application deadline and who are active members of PTK, are guaranteed a $5,000 PTK scholarship if admitted to Bentley. These PTK awards are eligible to be combined with other merit scholarships through the office of Undergraduate Admission. PTK scholarships are renewable for a total of six semesters provided recipients maintain a 3.0 GPA and attend Bentley full-time.

Micro Scholarships


Bentley partners with RaiseMe to allow you to earn micro-scholarships that recognize your everyday achievements and allow you to start earning money for college beginning as early as the 9th grade. Eligibility for RaiseMe micro-scholarships is based on GPA (a minimum of 3.6 at the time you complete your profile) and high school of attendance. Students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens (typically permanent residents) are eligible to participate. The program is available to first year students only and the deadline to submit your RaiseMe profile is December 1st of your senior year in high.

If you apply and are admitted to Bentley, your micro-scholarships earned through RaiseMe represent a minimum of grant and/or scholarship aid that you will be awarded from Bentley. Your RaiseMe earnings will be included as part of any scholarship or need-based aid offer you receive from the university. Visit RaiseMe for more information and to start earning money for college!

SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards

SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards is a unique private college savings program. Each Tuition Rewards Point represents a guaranteed minimum scholarship (discount) equivalent to one dollar, with a maximum discount of up $20,000, spread equally over 4 years of full time undergraduate education. Visit for more information.

Need-Based Grants

Grant funds are awarded based on financial need and do not have to be repaid. Bentley offers grants from the university, as well as federal and state sources. If you have financial need, you may receive funding from one or more of the sources listed below.

Bentley University Grants

The Office of Financial Assistance determines the total amount of your need-based grant funding according to federal and institutional formulas. Bentley merit scholarships, along with federal and state grants, are counted toward this total first. If these awards do not meet your total grant eligibility, Bentley Grant funds are awarded to help meet your remaining eligibility. Therefore, changes in your eligibility for state and federal grants will affect the amount of grant funding you receive from Bentley. Ineligibility for Bentley need-based grant funds in one academic year does not preclude you from receiving funding in other years if your financial need increases.

Bentley Grant funds are generally available for a maximum of eight semesters or until you satisfy your degree requirements, whichever comes first. Additionally, Bentley Grant funds are only available during fall and spring semesters in which you are enrolled full time. 

Donor-Sponsored Grants

Your grant funds from Bentley may include one of the many funds provided by the generosity of alumni, family and friends of Bentley. Endowed scholarships can be awarded at any time during the academic year. Therefore, your initial award may be adjusted at a later date to incorporate an endowed award as part of your grant eligibility. There is no separate application process for these funds. The Office of Financial Assistance will determine if you meet eligibility requirements as outlined by the donor(s). In order to receive disbursement of these funds to your student account, you are required to complete a student profile form, which is sent to your donor with the annual report for their fund. Donors enjoy hearing about your experiences as a Bentley student and your stories encourage future gifts, which benefit all students.

Federal Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is made available by the federal government to students with extremely high financial need and does not have to be repaid. Annual award amounts are determined each year by the federal government.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The SEOG is funding provided to Bentley by the federal government. It is only awarded to students who have Federal Pell Grant eligibility and is considered part of your Bentley grant eligibility. This grant does not have to be repaid. The award range is generally $100 to $2,000.

State Grants and Scholarships

State grants and scholarships may be awarded to you by the state in which you have established permanent residency. Each state that has a scholarship and/or grant program has its own application procedure and deadlines. Not all states have portable programs, meaning that you may not be able to use a state scholarship for attendance at an out-of-state school. For Massachusetts residents, Bentley will estimate your eligibility for the MassGrant program. For students from other states, Bentley will receive information from your state agency regarding eligibility, if your state program is portable. This notification usually comes during the summer months.

Falcon Grants

Bentley University athletic programs are NCAA Division II, with the exception of ice hockey, which competes in Division I. Athletics-related Falcon Grants may be available to students who demonstrate financial need for all sports except basketball and ice hockey (which have some funding that is not need-related). Please contact the coach of the sport you are interested in playing to inquire about the possibility of athletics-related financial aid.

Federal Loan Programs

The federal loan programs described here allow you to borrow funds at low interest rates to help pay education costs. Each requires you to sign a promissory note. Repayment of these loans can be deferred until you graduate or drop below half-time enrollment. Depending on the amount borrowed, you may have up to 10 years to repay loan funds.

During the summer, we will send you information about how to obtain these loans. We expect that you will follow these instructions within the timeframes designated. If you have not fulfilled requirements for your student loans by the end of September, we will assume that you do not intend to borrow the loan(s) and we will place the loan in a forfeited status.

Types of Federal Loans

Federal Direct Loan

The Federal Direct Loan program, provides low-interest loan funds for students. There are two types of Federal Direct Loans: subsidized and unsubsidized. Both versions accrue interest while you are enrolled. For subsidized loans, the interest is paid by the federal government until you are no longer enrolled at least half time. With the unsubsidized version, the interest accrued is your responsibility. You have the option of either paying the interest while you are enrolled or deferring it. If you choose deferment, the interest is capitalized (added to the principal) when repayment begins. Please think carefully before accepting the unsubsidized Direct Loan, since the cost of borrowing this loan is more expensive overall due to the lack of a subsidy.

Each June, the federal government will announce Direct Loan interest rates for the upcoming academic year beginning on July 1 and ending June 30. Annual interest rates are listed at The interest rate at the time of your loan disbursement will be in effect for the life of the loan.

The federal government limits the amount you can borrow each academic year. First-Years can borrow $5,500 total, sophomores can borrow $6,500 total, and juniors and seniors can borrow $7,500 total. Repayment begins six months after you graduate or when you drop below half-time enrollment. There is an origination fee deducted from the loan prior to disbursement. This means the amount of the loan included on your award letter represents the gross amount, and you will actually receive a slightly lower amount towards your bill.

Federal Direct Loan Requirements

The Office of Financial Assistance will send you instructions on how to complete the promissory notes and loan entrance counseling for your federal loans. If you want to learn more about Federal Direct Loan requirements and repayment options, visit here.

Work Opportunities

Bentley has many opportunities for on-campus employment. However, students with a Federal Work-Study award are given preference in applying for positions. Bentley also offers institutional employment funded by the university to provide additional employment opportunities for students not eligible for Federal Work-Study funds. The Student Employment Office (SEO) advertises positions online at the start of each semester and summer session.

At Bentley, we do not assign jobs to students with Federal Work-Study. Rather, we offer you the opportunity to apply and interview for on-campus positions that interest you and fit into your class schedule. If you have a Federal Work-Study award and want to work, we are committed to helping you find a job. However, you should plan to start your job search prior to the start of the academic year. If you encounter any difficulties along the way, you should seek the help of the SEO as soon as possible. Our options for assisting you with the process become more limited as the academic year progresses and jobs are filled by continuing students or those without Federal Work-Study eligibility.

On-campus wage rates currently start at the Massachusetts minimum wage rate. Funds earned from work, either Federal Work-Study or the Bentley Work Program, are not credited to your student account. You will receive a biweekly paycheck for hours worked.

Aid for Veterans

Yellow Ribbon Program

Bentley University is proud to support our veterans by participating in a number of VA education benefit programs, including the Post-9/11 GI BillĀ®, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, and others. Bentley is pleased to recognize the service and contributions of our veterans and their families by participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Each year Bentley offers ten $5,000 awards to undergraduate students and four $4,000 to graduate students. Students who meet eligibility requirements are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. To apply, complete the Bentley Yellow Ribbon application.

Veterans Benefits Transition Act Policy

Pursuant to Section 103 of the Veterans Benefits Transition Act, Bentley University permits any covered individuals (see below) to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date we receive the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Statement of Benefits and ending on the earlier of:

1)    The University receives payment from the VA; or
2)    90 days after the date the initial certification was submitted

Bentley University also will not impose any penalty for late payment -- including late fees, denial of access to classes, libraries, or other facilities, or requirement that a covered individual borrow or finance additional funds to cover balances -- due to delayed disbursement of funding from the VA under either the Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 programs. Bentley University may impose late fees on unresolved balances that are not covered by the Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 programs -- i.e. housing, meal plan, tuition exceeding the student's benefits coverage, etc.

A covered individual is a student who is the recipient of veterans benefits through either the Chapter 31 or 33 programs, whether the student be a veteran or the dependent of a veteran. In order to receive benefits, we require students to submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Statement of Benefits (found in the eBenefits website) as proof of eligibility for benefits. For Chapter 31 recipients, we may also accept a certification request from the student's caseworker. We may also require additional documentation as necessary in order to properly assess and certify your enrollment.

GI BillĀ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at