Bentley is an environment rich in technology where many of the campus-wide administrative information systems is managed by the IT professionals in the Data Management and Application Services Department.
Data Management and Application Services focuses on producing creative solutions to complex problems along with maintaining, enhancing and upgrading the many administrative applications designed to service our many constituents: recruits, applicants, students, alumni, faculty, staff and facilities.
What We Do
Data Management and Application Services endeavors to:
- Ensure reliable and secure access to the university's administrative software applications and information.
- Serve client needs by providing first-level support for production-critical issues.
- Design and develop applications enabling administrative departments to provide gold-standard service to their constituents.
- Work with clients to improve integration methods among systems for seamless access
- Provide the tools and knowledge to empower users to make use of institutional information in operational and strategic decision making.
- Promote self-sufficiency among our clients.
- Coordinate administrative computing changes consistent with available technology resources and impacts on infrastructure, business cycles and client needs and abilities to adapt to change.
- Prioritize client requests for software and support in a manner that is congruent with the strategic initiatives of the university.
Application and Database Services
Our goal is to provide enterprise administrative implementation and support services to Bentley university, either by purchasing vendor applications or configuring existing applications. Our team of programmer/analysts and technical consultants work with university departments and Key Users to review their business processes and develop enterprise solutions that are integrated with our university systems. Depending on the complexity and scope, projects range from small one day tasks to multi month strategic projects that include RFPs and additional vendor and consulting resources.
Business Intelligence (BI) is critical to Bentley's success as a University in meeting economic, pedagogical and resource challenges. Our BI team partners with all departments to provide structured access to the breadth and depth of information contained in Bentley's various business applications. In addition to implementing Cognos10 as our reporting tool, our team of business intelligence professionals continually monitor, enhance and augment our reporting environment providing the foundation for departments to conduct meaningful research, monitor critical success factors and make informed decisions. Resources are targeted to respond to Bentley's strategic initiatives. The team works with Vice-Presidents, Directors, Deans and Key Users to identify requirements, build prototypes, and deliver final products enabling those departments to be self-sufficient in their business intelligence needs from both an operational and strategic perspective.
Data Management and Application Services works with key stakeholders in each division to identify areas where we can improve efficiency and quality of services.
Each administrative department at Bentley has a Key User. These individuals possess a wealth of technical knowledge and should be your first point of contact for computing assistance.
Key Users meet on a regular basis with meetings coordinated by Sarah Murray.
Data Management and Application Services
- Joe Bruno, Reporting and Analytics Team Manager
- Meghan DiGregory, Sr. Application Support Analyst
- Mardis Dunton, Enterprisewide Application Manager
- Michelle Edmonds, Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- John Falletti, Sr. Data Warehouse Developer/Administrator
- Kelly Haley, Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Justin Hipp, Principal Enterprisewide Developer/Analyst
- Tanja Macaris, Sr, Business Systems Analyst
- Prema Nethala, Enterprise Application Support Manager
- Keith Newell, Sr. Enterprisewide Developer/Analyst
- Usmanou Nsangou, Sr. Database Administrator
- Joy Passanisi, Sr. Enterprisewide Developer/Analyst
- Jackie Ringland, Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Pamela Sherman, Sr. Database Support Analyst
Contacting Data Management and Application Services:
- To request an enhancement or new technology, contact your Key User who will work with you and the Project Management Office to prioritize and schedule your new technology request.
- To get help with a technical problem, submit a HEAT ticket by emailing the IT Help Desk.
For visitor wireless login instructions, click here.
For system upgrades and maintenance, consult the Critical Services Delivery Schedule before scheduling system work.