Welcome to Bentley!
The Center for International Students and Scholars (CISS) strives to keep the institution, students, scholars and their dependents in compliance with immigration regulations through advising and record keeping, and serves as a resource for campus and cultural adjustment. CISS invests time and resources in student development and promotes interactions between domestic and international students to support the goals of the Student Affairs division. Through this engagement, CISS facilitates campus internationalization and makes it possible for all Bentley students to gain both a global perspective and a broadened world view.
Here is how we can help you:
For Our New Students
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Bentley University Community! CISS can assist you with the following:
- Visa Assistance: We will work with you to create your documents you will need prior to arrival. Details here
- Orientation Services: Complete your Online Orientation through the My Bentley portal prior to coming to Bentley and learn about our orientation program.
- Travel and Arrival guidance: We want your travel to go as smoothly as possible. Follow our travel advice and contact us anytime with travel questions!
For Our Current Students
We value our international students at Bentley, and can assist you with the following:
- Immigration Status and Assistance
- Cultural adjustment programs and events
- Employment and Internship Guidance
- Travel advice and assistance
For Our Parents and Families
Bentley’s CISS office is available to provide information to our student’s family members as well. In particular we can help you with:
In The News
In the spring of 2017, the President of the United States issued Executive Orders that impact the issuance of visas and prevent entry into the United States by individuals from certain countries. These orders have been suspended by US Federal courts, and for now are on hold as a result. Any international student or scholar who has questions or concerns should contact the CISS.
We are members of NAFSA, a national organization committed to promoting international education. NAFSA's website is updated regularly with immigration news and updates.