To educate creative, ethical, and socially responsible organizational leaders by creating and disseminating impactful knowledge within and across business and the arts and sciences.
- Bentley University is known nationally and internationally as a business-focused center of learning that operates in an ethical and socially engaged environment
- It distinctively integrates business and arts and sciences to produce graduates respected for their professional and societal contributions throughout their lives
- Its identity is based upon promoting principled and transformative enterprise through education and impactful research, building on its historical strengths in accountancy, business ethics and information technology
- Thanks to its achievements, Bentley is highly sustainable in resources and scale, and an attractive partner for global centers of teaching and research excellence.
The Bentley Core Values guide our conduct in classrooms, residence halls and places of work:
- Caring. We practice understanding, compassion and kindness. We recognize the whole person and their wellbeing, and we think beyond ourselves and our immediate goals to consider the impact our actions have on other people.
- Collaboration. We welcome new perspectives as we work with others toward a common goal. We seek out opportunities for partnership and teamwork, readily sharing our knowledge and expertise with others.
- Diversity. We are all different and that makes our community stronger. We embrace and seek to understand those with different beliefs, backgrounds and life experiences. We celebrate those differences as opportunities to learn and grow. We protect and affirm the right of all people to be themselves.
- Honesty. We act with honesty and integrity in our academic, personal and professional affairs. We are dedicated to ethical and transparent behavior, and we hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions.
- Impact. We recognize our potential to make a difference. We use the power of business and innovation to positively impact individuals, organizations and the communities we serve at home and abroad.
- Learning. We are here to learn and develop. We are passionate about knowledge and want to continue to learn throughout our lives. We are eager and willing to try new experiences and ways of thinking. We appreciate that much of our learning will occur by interacting with others, inside and outside of the classroom.
- Respect. We treat others as they would like to be treated. We recognize the inherent dignity and worth of all members of our community and strive to better understand and appreciate everyone. We are committed to keeping our community free of vandalism, hate speech, violence and harassment.