Your time, energy and expertise are vital to Bentley’s success. Become a volunteer today by choosing an activity that best suits your schedule! Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and learn more about all of our parent and family volunteer opportunities below. The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement and Annual Giving will provide you with the most up-to-date information on Bentley.
Be social: Follow along and join the conversation! Here’s everywhere you can find Bentley on social.
Facebook: Bentley University and Bentley University Alumni
LinkedIn: Bentley University and Bentley University Community
Twitter: @bentleyu and @bentleyalumni
Instagram: @bentleyu and @bentleyalumni
The more you share on social media, the more we can raise awareness about everything that makes Bentley such an incredible community. Become a Social Media Ambassador:
- Follow and engage with Bentley’s alumni and university social media accounts
- Share Bentley content that resonates with you
- Share and create posts during critical times of the year, such as Giving Tuesday and Reunion
- Have fun and be creative!
Time Commitment: A minimum of one year + about 20 minutes per month (total) — or more, if you’re super socially savvy!
Welcome newly admitted students and their families to the Falcon fold!
- Call them to answer questions and encourage them to support the Bentley Fund
- Host a welcome reception at your home, club or business
- Attend Open House and Accepted Students Day (on campus)
- Suggest Bentley to students who impress you
- Promote Bentley Fund efforts, like Giving Tuesday and alumni giving challenges
Time Commitment: It’s up to you!
Host a gathering of Falcon parents and family members in your office or home, and we’ll send a Bentley representative to talk about their field of expertise. Speakers and topics might include:
- The latest Bentley news from an administrator
- An overview of the student experience from an administrator and/or faculty member
- “Life after Bentley” or “What Your Student Can Expect: Career Services” from an administrator or alumnus
Time commitment: It’s up to you!
Location: Anywhere with a concentration of current Bentley parents; fill out the Volunteer Interest Form to see if you’re local to a flock of Falcon families
Once You Sign Up: We’ll be in touch with you to make plans.
Sixty percent of Bentley students study abroad; some may be in your area right now! Welcome them to the area, by meeting or hosting them for a meal, or simply connecting by a friendly phone call, email or coffee meetup.
Time commitment: Up to you! From a quick email exchange to an hour-long get together
Do you live outside the U.S.? Alumni traveling to your region might be apprehensive or have questions about your country. Help them navigate and acclimate to their new surroundings with a friendly phone call or coffee meetup.
Time commitment: Varies; (typically no more than 1 to 2 hours over 1 to 3 months)
If you don’t know about the Gloria Cordes Larson Center for Women and Business, take a look. This pioneering center is inspiring the next generation of women leaders at Bentley — and they would love your insight and guidance. Share your career journey at a student-alumni networking event, in a mentor circle or more, and receive quarterly updates on corporate and student programs in return.
Time commitment: It’s up to you!
Location: On campus
From mock interviews to student recruitment for your company, there are so many ways to share your career expertise with Bentley!
Get in touch with the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-891-2025.