Your time, energy and expertise are vital to Bentley’s success. Become a volunteer today by choosing an activity that best suits your schedule! Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and learn more about all of our parents and families volunteer opportunities below. The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement and Annual Giving will provide you with the most up-to-date information on Bentley.
Be social: Follow along and join the conversation! Here’s everywhere you can find Bentley on social.
Facebook: Bentley University and Bentley University Alumni
LinkedIn: Bentley University and Bentley University Community
Twitter: @bentleyu and @bentleyalumni
Instagram: @bentleyu and @bentleyalumni
The more you share on social media, the more we can raise awareness about everything that makes Bentley such an incredible community. Become a Social Media Ambassador:
- Follow and engage with Bentley’s alumni and university social media accounts
- Share Bentley content that resonates with you
- Share and create posts during critical times of the year, such as Giving Tuesday and Reunion
- Have fun and be creative!
Time Commitment: A minimum of one year + about 20 minutes per month (total) — or more, if you’re super socially savvy!
Once You Sign Up: We’ll be in touch to help you get started.
Welcome newly admitted students and their families to the Falcon fold!
- Call them to answer questions and encourage them to support the Bentley Fund
- Host a welcome reception at your home, club or business
- Suggest Bentley to students who impress you
- Promote Bentley Fund efforts, like Giving Tuesday and alumni giving challenges
Time Commitment: It’s up to you!
Once You Sign Up: We will send you contact information to make welcome calls and help you invite students to a reception.
Welcome new alumni to your hometown!
- Host a small gathering of Bentley alumni (with our support) in your region
- Call new alumni beyond your region, welcoming them to the alumni fold
Time commitment: Varies (based on your availability and the number of new alumni in your region)
Once You Sign Up: We will be in touch to talk with you about your ideas.
Host a gathering of Falcon parents and family members in your office or home, and we’ll send a Bentley representative to talk about their field of expertise. Speakers and topics might include:
- The latest Bentley news from an administrator
- An overview of the student experience from an administrator and/or faculty member
- “Life after Bentley” or “What Your Student Can Expect: Career Services” from an administrator or alumnus
Time commitment: It’s up to you!
Location: Anywhere with a concentration of current Bentley parents; get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you’re local to a flock of Falcon families
Once You Sign Up: We’ll be in touch with you to make plans.
Sixty percent of Bentley students study abroad; some may be in your area right now! Welcome them to the area, by meeting or hosting them for a meal, or simply connecting by a friendly phone call, email or coffee meetup.
Time commitment: Up to you! From a quick email exchange to an hour-long get together
Once You Sign Up: We’ll send you contact information to put you in touch with a student.
Do you live outside the U.S.? Alumni traveling to your region might be apprehensive or have questions about your country. Help them navigate and acclimate to their new surroundings with a friendly phone call or coffee meetup.
Time commitment: Varies; (typically no more than 1 to 2 hours over 1 to 3 months)
Once You Sign Up: We’ll put you in touch with an alumni contact in your area, if there is one!
If you don’t know about the Gloria Cordes Larson Center for Women and Business, take a look. This pioneering center is inspiring the next generation of women leaders at Bentley — and they would love your insight and guidance. Share your career journey at a student-alumni networking event, in a mentor circle or more, and receive quarterly updates on corporate and student programs in return.
Time commitment: It’s up to you!
Location: On campus
Once You Sign Up: We’ll be in touch about upcoming CWB opportunities.
From mock interviews to student recruitment for your company, there are so many ways to share your career expertise with Bentley!
Get in touch with the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement at email@example.com or 781-891-2025.