ANNOUNCEMENT: Harvard Square Shuttle Changes
As mentioned in an email to the campus community, since the initial rollout of the revised Harvard Square schedule, both Bentley and our provider, Local Motion, have been monitoring the ridership data as well as feedback from the Bentley community. We are very thankful to the students, faculty and staff who have taken time to provide suggestions to improve the shuttle service.
One of the top concerns raised was the wait time of the shuttle at various stops. Bentley has worked hard to address these concerns with Local Motion. As we return to campus, we’re pleased to let you know that we have been able to shorten the wait time at shuttle stops. The added benefit of this change will reduce the time to complete a run one-way by approximately ten minutes and will provide additional runs to the daily schedule.
2018-2019 Academic Year Schedule
The spring schedule begins on Sunday, January 13, 2019.
Please click here for the Loop Bus Schedule: Campus Loop 2018-2019
Please click here for the Harvard Schedule: Harvard Square 2018-2019
The Campus Loop shuttle runs Monday through Friday from 7:00AM-12:40AM.
The Harvard Square shuttle runs Monday through Thursday from 6:00AM-12:10AM, Friday from 6:00AM-12:35AM, Saturday from 12:00PM-1:25AM, and Sunday 12:30PM-11:10PM.
Both services will operate on regular posted schedules for holidays including Labor Day, Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day and Patriots Day. Service is not available between November 22, 2018 - November 24, 2017 (Thanksgiving Day Weekend), December 22, 2018 - January 12, 2019 (Winter Break) and March 9, 2018 - March 16, 2018.
If further information is needed on accessing the campus during the breaks and summer months, please check http://www.mbta.com. Bus routes 70, 70A, 73 and 554 operate closest to the campus and are great alternatives for those needing transportation from the Downtown Boston and Cambridge areas.
The Bentley Community will receive an email with any schedule changes due to inclement weather. Also, schedule changes will be noted on the Shuttle GPS app.
Shuttle GPS information is available on your cellphone
- Search for Ride Systems on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Tap to download the app for free (The app will now download to the phone). A Ride Systems icon will appear on your home screen.
- The app will prompt you to select a shuttle service. Select "Bentley."
- A map will appear showing the active shuttle routes.
The Harvard Square route & stops are blue; and the Campus Loop route and stops are purple.
The Shuttle GPS is also available through web browsers as well at www.bentleyshuttle.com
- Bentley University is not responsible for costs incurred for poor, late, missed or circumstances beyond the control of shuttle service (inclement weather or vehicle breakdown.)
- ID cards must be shown when using the shuttles. Have University ID ready to show driver when boarding the shuttle. Guests are admitted only if they are accompanied by their Bentley Host. Each student may have one guest on the shuttle. For exceptions to this policy, please contact the shuttle manager in advance at 781-891-2685.
- Smoking, alcohol, food and drink are NOT permitted on the shuttle.
- Bicycles cannot be brought on the shuttles.
- Behavior that is disorderly, disruptive, or harassing on the shuttle will result in disciplinary action and possible removal of shuttle privileges.
- Shuttle drivers cannot make unscheduled passenger stops.
- Occasionally, replacement vehicles are used. There will be a sign in the front window, but when in doubt, ask!
- All arrival times are approximate. Please arrive at least five minutes before listed time.
For immediate dispatch information: 781-535-6344, EXT. 2
For general information: 781-891-2685
University Police should not be called for any bus inquiries unless an emergency occurs.