ANNOUNCEMENT: Harvard Square Shuttle Changes
As mentioned in an email to the campus community, Bentley’s Harvard Square Shuttle is required to change its route to be in accordance with the Licensing Commission of the City of Cambridge.
While this new route will require 20 – 25 additional minutes to complete, it presents the most viable option for continuation of the service. These longer runs will reduce the number of trips throughout the day, however the schedule does still ensure access to early morning classes and return transportation following the conclusion of classes. North Campus residents are now able to travel between North and Main Campus in a reasonable amount of time.
Over the course of the next few weeks, Local Motion and Bentley will closely monitor the routes and overall schedule. Local Motion will work with drivers on the new schedule and communicate updates to the community. Please do not hesitate to send any questions, concerns, and information to email@example.com
2018-2019 Academic Year Schedule
The 2018-2019 academic year schedule begins on Sunday, August 26, 2018.
Please click here for the Loop Bus Schedule: Campus Loop 2018-2019
Please click here for the Harvard Schedule: Harvard Square 2018-2019
The Campus Loop shuttle runs Monday through Friday from 7:00AM-12:40AM.
The Harvard Square shuttle runs Monday through Thursday from 6:30AM-11:30PM; Friday from 6:30AM-12:23AM; Saturday from 12:00PM-12:30AM, and Sunday from 12:30PM-11:40PM. On Saturday and Sundays, the Harvard Square shuttle includes a stop on North Campus.
Both services will operate on regular posted schedules for holidays including Labor Day, Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day and Patriots Day. Service is not available between November 22, 2018 - November 24, 2017 (Thanksgiving Day Weekend), December 22, 2018 - January 12, 2019 (Winter Break) and March 9, 2018 - March 16, 2018.
If further information is needed on accessing the campus during the breaks and summer months, please check http://www.mbta.com. Bus routes 70, 70A, 73 and 554 operate closest to the campus and are great alternatives for those needing transportation from the Downtown Boston and Cambridge areas.
The Bentley Community will receive an email with any schedule changes due to inclement weather. Also, schedule changes will be noted on the Shuttle GPS app.
Shuttle GPS information is available on your cellphone
- Search for Ride Systems on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Tap to download the app for free (The app will now download to the phone). A Ride Systems icon will appear on your home screen.
- The app will prompt you to select a shuttle service. Select "Bentley."
- A map will appear showing the active shuttle routes.
The Harvard Square route & stops are blue; and the Campus Loop route and stops are purple.
The Shuttle GPS is also available through web browsers as well at www.bentleyshuttle.com
- Bentley University is not responsible for costs incurred for poor, late, missed or circumstances beyond the control of shuttle service (inclement weather or vehicle breakdown.)
- ID cards must be shown when using the shuttles. Have University ID ready to show driver when boarding the shuttle. Guests are admitted only if they are accompanied by their Bentley Host. Each student may have one guest on the shuttle. For exceptions to this policy, please contact the shuttle manager in advance at 781-891-2685.
- Smoking, alcohol, food and drink are NOT permitted on the shuttle.
- Bicycles cannot be brought on the shuttles.
- Behavior that is disorderly, disruptive, or harassing on the shuttle will result in disciplinary action and possible removal of shuttle privileges.
- Shuttle drivers cannot make unscheduled passenger stops.
- Occasionally, replacement vehicles are used. There will be a sign in the front window, but when in doubt, ask!
- All arrival times are approximate. Please arrive at least five minutes before listed time.
For immediate dispatch information: 781-535-6344, EXT. 2
For general information: 781-891-2685
University Police should not be called for any bus inquiries unless an emergency occurs.