Doing Business With Bentley
Suppliers and service providers interested in working with the institution are strongly encouraged to download, complete, and email a Prospective Vendor Form, along with company literature, including three references, to Procurement@bentley.edu or mail to Procurement and Campus Services.
Operating as a collaborative purchasing group, our office guides the procurement of goods and services through sound and ethical business practices.
Bentley University seeks to cultivate a purchasing environment in which minority and small business enterprises are encouraged to compete for University business. We will actively look to reduce potential barriers for their participation in University purchasing activities and are committed to developing and sustaining relationships with a diverse group of vendors. This commitment is essential for fostering inclusive procurement practices across the University.
All invoices are to be forwarded to the university's Accounts Payable Office. Bentley pays net 30 unless otherwise agreed to and stated on the Purchase Order. Discounts for earlier payments will be considered.
Accounts Payable Department
175 Forest Street
Waltham, MA 02452-4705
As a nonprofit institute of higher education, Bentley University is a tax-exempt organization. Exemption certificates are available under the forms section of the Procurement website.
Sales Tax Exempt Number:12087625
Any company working on the Bentley University campus is required to submit a current Certificate of Insurance to Procurement and Campus Services prior to commencement of service or work. Certificates of Insurance may be mailed or emailed to the address below:
Procurement and Campus Services
175 Forest Street
Waltham, MA 02452-4705
Please refer to the below current vendor insurance requirements:
Complete PO Terms and Conditions
- A Bentley issued Purchase Order number must accompany all orders placed with a supplier unless the order does not exceed $5,000.00. This rule also applies to any business conducted by student organizations.
- Unless specifically noted in the order, all shipments are to be sent to Bentley University Shipping and Receiving Department. Packing lists on boxes must reference Bentley's Purchase Order number.
- All invoices are to be forwarded to the Accounts Payable Department of the university. Any questions relative to invoices should be directed to 781.891.2174. Bentley pays net 30 unless otherwise agreed to and stated on the Purchase Order. Discounts for earlier payment will be examined.
- Changes in an order will be noted via an updated Purchase Order referencing the original Purchase Order number.
- All Bentley Purchase Orders are issued with the signature of the Executive Director for Procurement and Campus Services.
- Bentley does not allow prepayments or deposits unless arranged in advance with Procurement and Campus Services.
- Current Certificates of Insurance must be submitted to Bentley Procurement and Campus Services by all vendors supplying services on university property prior to commencing such services. Please send all appropriate documentation as well as subsequent updated certificates directly to Procurement and Campus Services at 175 Forest Street, Waltham, MA 02452-4705 or email to email@example.com.
- Bentley expects all vendors to have Equal Opportunity policies consistent with the following: Vendors must not discriminate in their employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status. In addition, Bentley will not condone any form of sexual harassment, either in internal employee relationships or with Bentley employees and students.
Bid Award Criteria
Procurement and Campus Services strives to achieve excellence in fair and ethical business practices. Multiple criteria are considered in award decisions, weighted in accordance with the situation.
Such criteria may include: service offerings; price, including freight and installation charges; responsiveness of account representative; warranties; ability to meet lead times; industry experience; experience with Bentley University; references; and health of organization, both financial and operational.
In accordance with policy, Bentley does not reveal specific pricing or other information associated with bid processes or other business activities. Vendors are requested to propose their most competitive offer upon first submittal as these are considered best and final offers.
Campus Services at Bentley
The following directory profiles the most frequently used Bentley University campus-wide Master Contracts. With regard for Bentley standards and adherence to contractual commitments, the Bentley community is required to purchase goods and services offered through such vendors, regardless of respective order procedure. See how Master Contracts are decided.
This directory should be used as a desk reference. When needing to make a departmental purchase or contacting a vendor, simply refer to the directory for contact as well as contract information. Each profile provides necessary guidelines for order placement. If there is not a master contract for what you were looking for, please check out our Preferred Vendors.
Hours of Operations
Monday through Friday*:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Closed on Fridays mid-May to mid-August