Transportation Services Updates
The Bentley Shuttle began operating on our Academic Year Schedule on Monday, August 19, 2019.
This year, the shuttle features updated routes, new shuttle buses and a new campus mobility application! Our new shuttle service provider, Boston Coach, is at the ready to provide reliable and friendly service.
B-Line - Operates every 20 minutes starting at the top of the hour from Fenway.
Waverley Express - Operates every half hour on the half hour from North Campus.
Take this intercampus route traveling from North Campus to South Campus every 15 minutes to connect to the following four stops on campus:
• North Campus
• Fenway – South Campus
• Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 12:20 am
• Does not operate on Saturday or Sunday; instead take the Waverley Express Shuttle
Take this route traveling through campus and connecting to Waverley Square in Belmont every 30 minutes to connect to the following five stops:
• North Campus
• Fenway – South Campus
• Waverley Square – Belmont MBTA Bus Station
• Monday – Friday from 6:30 am - 12:00 am
• Saturday from 11:00 am -1:30 am
• Sunday from 11:00 am – 10:40 pm
• MBTA Bus #73 will be in service seven days a week from 5:00 am – 12:00 am
Campus Mobility Application
The new Campus Mobility Application, Transloc, will provide live tracking of the Bentley shuttles, bus capacity and arrival times. Updates and information will be broadcast through the application. Feedback and concerns can also be received via the application.
Please download the Transloc application; information may be found at Bentley.transloc.com. You can also download the app on your Apple or Android device by searching Transloc Rider in the appropriate App Store.
The Bentley Community will receive an email with any schedule changes due to inclement weather. Also, schedule changes will be noted on the Transloc Rider app. All inclement weather-related policies can be found on the University Police site.
- Bentley University is not responsible for costs incurred for poor, late, missed or circumstances beyond the control of shuttle service (inclement weather or vehicle breakdown.)
- ID cards must be shown when using the shuttles. Have University ID ready to show driver when boarding the shuttle. Guests are admitted only if they are accompanied by their Bentley Host. Each student may have one guest on the shuttle. For exceptions to this policy, please contact Student Affairs in the Student Center.
- Smoking, alcohol, food and drink are NOT permitted on the shuttle.
- Bicycles may utilize the bike racks on the shuttles.
- Behavior that is disorderly, disruptive, or harassing on the shuttle will result in disciplinary action and possible removal of shuttle privileges.
- Shuttle drivers cannot make unscheduled passenger stops.
- Occasionally, replacement vehicles are used. There will be a sign in the front window, but when in doubt, ask!
- All arrival times are approximate. Please arrive at least five minutes before listed time or utilize Transloc Rider or bentley.transloc.com
University Police should not be called for any bus inquiries unless an emergency occurs.
Transportation Working Group Update
Bentley University is in the process of completing a comprehensive transportation study for the campus. This study was managed by a multi-stakeholder Transportation Working Group of faculty, staff and students who hired a team of external transportation experts to assess all forms of transportation available to the Bentley community. As part of this process, the transportation experts were asked to evaluate the university’s current shuttle system. The Transportation Working Group held two information sessions in early April to present the university’s two new transportation options: The Waverley Express and B Line. If you would like the information from these session, please refer to the Bentley University New Transportation Options presentation and the Frequently Asked Questions.