June 18 - July 24, 2020, at Bentley University in Waltham, MA
Managing Ethics in Organizations (MEO) is a co-sponsored program between the W. Michael Hoffman Center for Business Ethics (HCBE) at Bentley University and the Ethics & Compliance Initiative (ECI). For more than 20 years, participants in the program have been given a grounding in the theory and practice of the ethics and compliance profession.
In previous years, MEO was a five-day in-person program. This year MEO is being offered in a condensed format, and will be taught on line due to COVID-19. Classes will meet on two days each week, from 8:30 a.m. to noon, over a three-week period (6/18, 6/19, 7/9, 7/10, 7/23, 7/24). MEO is taught by senior private sector practitioners and scholars, in a setting designed to foster networking and enduring connections.
The content and structure of the 2020 MEO has been updated to teach participants the critical skills necessary to build and sustain a high-quality ethics and compliance program (HQP) that follows on years of research conducted by the Ethics & Compliance Initiative.
MEO is taught in a highly interactive format that balances practical skills with a solid theoretical foundation, all with the aim of enabling the participants to apply their learning in the day-to-day challenges of leading an effective corporate ethics and compliance program.
Who Should Attend?
MEO is designed primarily for practicing ethics officers who are about to take on additional ethics/compliance responsibilities or who are already in the position, but without the benefit of formal training. This course also is appropriate for individuals who are considering the ethics officer profession and for consultants and professors who work in the business ethics field. Managers whose organizational function requires them to work closely with the ethics office, such as auditors and human resource specialists, also are encouraged to attend.
- STANDARD RATE: $1,550 » ECI MEMBER $1,350
To register please click here.
Cancellation policy: Participants who cannot attend the course must notify the ECI at 703-647-2185 no later than two weeks prior to the start of the session for a full refund.
If assistance is needed, please contact Gail Sands at (P) 781-891-2981 or (E) email@example.com.
MEO is co-sponsored by the W. Michael Hoffman Center for Business Ethics at Bentley University and the Ethics & Compliance Initiative.
The W. Michael Hoffman Center for Business Ethics (HCBE) at Bentley University is dedicated to promoting ethical business conduct in contemporary society. With a extensive network of practitioners and scholars, and an expansive multimedia library, the Center is an international forum for benchmarking and research in business ethics. The Center helps corporations and other organizations strengthen their ethical cultures through educational programming and consulting.
Hoffman Center for Business Ethics
175 Forest Street - AAC 108
Waltham, MA 02452
The Ethics & Compliance Initiative (ECI) is leading the movement for responsible organizations worldwide through its mission to identify, amplify and certify the practices that result in the highest level of integrity in organizations. The Initiative connects ethics and compliance professionals in corporate, government and nonprofit organizations with an unparalleled level of resources to support their implementation of ethics and compliance programs.
Ethics and Compliance Initiative
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 201
Arlington, VA 22202
- "My experience at the MEO course was wonderful -- the depth and breadth of the course provided the tools needed to better perform not only in my day-to-day activities but also strategies and ideas for the future. I have the utmost respect for the course and ECI overall."
- Linda Duncan, VP, Ethics and Compliance Officer, Corporate Integrity Program Office, MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- "Very insightful, I enjoyed hearing the different experiences and opinions."
- "Inspirational and filled with tempered guidance. Wow, never heard anyone make such an impassioned case for support of E&C!"
- "Magnificent speakers!"
- "Great insight into an area rarely explored from a person with real life experience in it. I loved it."
- "Gripping presentations."
- "I enjoyed how they (the speakers) seemed to have a bond with one another and seemed close all because of their professions and work in ethics."
- "Engaging and interesting sessions."
- "The investigation section was excellent."
- "Very fun and creative."
- "Good discussion and summary of all considerations across various cultures."
- "Fantastic material."
- "Great discussions about culture."
- "Very clear and enriching sessions"