How Do I...
Submit requests for assistance with administrative tasks:
- Request New Hire Setup (as part of onboarding an employee)
- Request Move support (when an employee changes locations or roles)
- Request Vacancy support (when an employee is leaving Bentley)
- Request IT Access changes (for current employees)
- Request new Distribution List
Perform other administrative tasks:
- Connect to Bentley VPN
- Forward my Bentley email
- Resolve common issues that occur when working remotely
- Purchase a personal computer (for faculty and staff only)
Perform student-specific tasks:
- Run Windows applications on my macOS computer using Bentley Virtual Apps (BVA)
- Request VMware Fusion licensing
- Locate Bentley printers on campus
- Purchase a new computer (for students only)
- Register my gaming/smart device
- Access Xfinity on campus - NOTE: Comcast no longer supports physical coaxial cable connections on campus. If a physical connection is currently working, it is not guaranteed that it will continue to work and no repairs will be made if it stops working.
Address common hardware issues:
- Initial Audio and Microphone settings on your Windows computer
- Check Audio and Microphone setting on your Mac
- Troubleshooting sound on your Windows computer
- Check Audio and Microphone settings in Zoom
- Purchase a Power Adapter for your Laptop, Webcam or Headset
- Apple store
- On Campus Computer Repair
- Office 365
- Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) using Microsoft MFA
- Xfinity On Campus - NOTE: Comcast no longer supports physical coaxial cable connections on campus. If a physical connection is currently working, it is not guaranteed that it will continue to work and no repairs will be made if it stops working.
- Xfinity Channel Lineup
- Bentley's Computer Configuration for Students
- Bentley's Computer Configuration for Faculty and Staff
- Falcon Printing
- MyBackup Instructions for Windows
- MyBackup Instructions for macOS
Other resources available to you
- Fast and secure wireless technology covering the entire campus
- "Real World" experience in high technology learning facilities
- Falcon Printing: print from anywhere on campus (color too!) using your Falcon ID Card
- On-line resources 24x7: Library Databases, Learning Management System (Blackboard), Bentley Events Calendar, Bentley IT Help Desk, Office 365, Outlook Email and Calendaring and more!
- State-of-the-art Library containing more than 100 accessible computers, 24 group study rooms with large screen displays, on-line study room reservations, interlibrary loan program, library chat, etc.
- Smart Classrooms with podium PCs, video projector, controlled lighting, laptop connection, and WiFi.
- Support from the Bentley IT Help Desk